Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Zombies from Studio Miniatures
02-28-2012, 11:18 PM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2012 11:19 PM by LUIJOD.)
RE: New Zombies from Studio Miniatures
(02-27-2012 10:09 PM)thegep Wrote:  
(02-27-2012 05:14 PM)LUIJOD Wrote:  Also the Tank mini hast it's right arm unattached to his body. I'm guessing this is on purpose as I've heard people say they use something called green stuff to make custom alterations. I'm really bummed out cuz I was hoping to use them out of the box for a L4D variant I was trying to set up for my gaming group. Anybody have any tips on how I can attach that Tank and get started on painting them. The figs themselves look really good!

You'll need to glue the arm into place with superglue. You may need to do what's known as 'pinning' if it's too heavy, which is where you drill a hole in both pieces you want to join and add a rod of metal (I use a cut off a paperclip) which you glue into both holes as well as gluing the joint to give it extra strength.

Green Stuff is a modelling putty that you mix from a blue and yellow strip of putty (Blue+Yellow=Green Watchmen02 ) the stuff can be sculpted and moulded to any shape you like, but once it sets, it sets hard

There are several companies that make it, this stuff is from Gale Force9 but Army Painter, Games Workshop and other modelling places will have some too.

As for painting, Samuraitrev has some fantastic painting instructions in his little corner of the forums, drop on by and have a read!

thanks for info!

I had no idea where to even start, and not to bother too much, but what kind of drill would could be used, I assumed it would be one quite small to avoid ruining the mini itself. I was always tempted as a kid by games like Warhammer but never had anywhere or anyone to play with. LNOE is a fav of my GF & my sister and I'm hoping to meet more people to join our little weekly get togethers. It would be pretty awesome to add in those L4D Minis as Grave Weapons
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-29-2012, 01:12 AM
RE: New Zombies from Studio Miniatures
(02-28-2012 03:09 PM)Emp Wrote:  They have arived! And that Romero character is just plain hilarious!!
Will start painting them soon... I hope... No no no...I will!
Alright, we can compare our length of process. Pretty much motivate each other to finish these models!! I now have their base colors on the mini....its all up to those details now Zombie20
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply