Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
New board design
12-03-2010, 08:34 PM
New board design
Has anyone tried to do an urban board scenario? Where zed's takeover a skyscraper like the sears tower here in Chicago and you have to escape from the top floors?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2010, 02:08 AM
RE: New board design
guess you could do each board as a floor, with stairwells to the 2 floors above or below it.

??
12-04-2010, 06:21 PM
(12-04-2010 02:08 AM)soundguy Wrote:  guess you could do each board as a floor, with stairwells to the 2 floors above or below it.

??

Good idea, I'll try to do creating 4 center boards. I'm going to use google sketchup as you can do plan views. stay tuned for views next week.
12-04-2010, 07:03 PM
This sounds like a fantastic idea.
12-04-2010, 10:11 PM
lookin forward to it!
12-05-2010, 01:19 AM
a while back i came up with an apartment board, "Plaza Balaguero", though i haven't tested it. the idea was that each room could be searchable for items or people, scenarios would include getting to the roof or the ground floor, finding survivors, and so on. basically, you'd use as many boards as you wanted floors, and A jumps to B etc. of the next floor. here i include the original template and a textured one (a photoshopped sims 2 rendition):

..and everyone they kill gets up and kills..
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-05-2010, 02:37 AM
interesting.

me and my group came up with a zed game using teraine from another game and square boards as tiles. it had 4 stats for each hero that you customized with points.. all characters the same points. if you had one stat maxed.. it allowed a special bonus to rolls using that stat... there were searches.. movement..e tc.

movement was based on a speed stat.. damage on health stat, and searching based on smarts stat, fighting based on strength stat. basic search items were ammo, guns, hand weapon, med kit, food, and if you had a special on smarts - maxed.. you could make a basic weapon on a search.. etc.. ranged attacks were based off smarts and speed etc..

we palyed it a few times.. was pretty neat. then we forgot about it.. and well.. now lnoe takes up some of our time!
12-05-2010, 04:05 PM
I love the idea of an urban board. I think with the release of Walking Dead everyone has a bit of an urge to run through a city street filled with roadblocks, tanks, and an insatiable horde of zombies! Unfortunately I have not made any attempt to design such a concept, only thought about it.

I personally like the idea of escaping the skyscraper. Reminds me of the famed Dawn of the Dead movies.

nursery school.....
12-05-2010, 04:57 PM
Yeah! It would be fantastic to get an urban enviroment for play, including inside buildings an all. Anyone tried adding city maps from other zombie games?
12-06-2010, 04:24 PM
(12-05-2010 04:05 PM)flightmek25 Wrote:  I love the idea of an urban board. I think with the release of Walking Dead everyone has a bit of an urge to run through a city street filled with roadblocks, tanks, and an insatiable horde of zombies! Unfortunately I have not made any attempt to design such a concept, only thought about it.

I personally like the idea of escaping the skyscraper. Reminds me of the famed Dawn of the Dead movies.

the home brew game I'm working on we did that. it was a 2 sided street fileld with shops and burned out cars and such.