Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4 Average
New scenario - Rescue at Dawn
02-28-2011, 04:41 PM
RE: New scenario - Rescue at Dawn
we played this one twice over the last couple days, and zombies won both times, the first time we played with zombie hoard because the board looked so big i thought we would need the extra zombies, i was heroes and managed to get one to the truck. so zombie hoard was a little overkill, and the second time i was zombies and we played with always zombie heroes the heroes never even got close i managed to kill 6 heroes and we quit with 2 turns left cause they couldn't make it in time. has anyone played this yet?? and did you add any dots? and how did it work out?

Can't save the world??... then prepare for its end.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2011, 12:30 AM
(02-28-2011 04:41 PM)JMun233 Wrote:  we played this one twice over the last couple days, and zombies won both times, the first time we played with zombie hoard because the board looked so big i thought we would need the extra zombies, i was heroes and managed to get one to the truck. so zombie hoard was a little overkill, and the second time i was zombies and we played with always zombie heroes the heroes never even got close i managed to kill 6 heroes and we quit with 2 turns left cause they couldn't make it in time. has anyone played this yet?? and did you add any dots? and how did it work out?

We consider when we play, as stated on the rules, that when moving between buildings, zombies actually do it through the windows. We saw improbable to have a window to connect the plant with the drugstore, or the barn with the morgue. So, the rule that we use is the following: only the spaces within a building that connect with a space without a building are suppose to have a window (I represent those spaces with GREEN arrows). Besides, zombies cannot move diagonally through those spaces. The spaces that have a RED arrow are supposed to have a wall that separates the buildings and cannot be crossed by neither zombies nor heroes. Heroes can soot through the green arrows as normal.
With that rule the heroes have a better chance to be rescued. We sometimes put free search tokens in building without a pick-up legend: General Store, Farm House and High School.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

03-01-2011, 12:43 AM
that should make things better thanks. and i forgot to mention that this scenario was really fun. it is a bit more challenging for the heroes but that is never a bad thing lol

Can't save the world??... then prepare for its end.
03-14-2011, 03:29 AM
How do you determine a random building?
03-14-2011, 05:00 PM
(03-14-2011 03:29 AM)Mino Wrote:  How do you determine a random building?

Each board has a number, roll 2D6, from 2-9 pick a board according to the scenario, 10 Heroe´s Choice, 11 Zombie´s Choice, 12 re-roll.
03-14-2011, 07:13 PM
Diggin the layout, you must also rock at tetris. Nice work
05-01-2011, 10:56 AM
Had fun with this scenario a few nights ago :D Awesome.

http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...-over-here

Although i think zombies still had an advantage for some reason...

I go by PetrichorFunus on some places
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-19-2011, 01:32 AM
Nice work! I just ordered the expansion growing hunger, as soon as it gets in ill be giving this a try *prints*
05-26-2011, 10:46 AM
(03-14-2011 05:00 PM)elwatoplus Wrote:  

Each board has a number, roll 2D6, from 2-9 pick a board according to the scenario, 10 Heroe´s Choice, 11 Zombie´s Choice, 12 re-roll.

IMHO this rule should be thought over. The probability of rolling a 2 is way lower than rolling a 7. I'd use D8 to determine random buildings. Real men have D8 dice ...or at least a dice roller software.
05-26-2011, 05:43 PM
(05-26-2011 10:46 AM)blekk42 Wrote:  
(03-14-2011 05:00 PM)elwatoplus Wrote:  

IMHO this rule should be thought over. The probability of rolling a 2 is way lower than rolling a 7. I'd use D8 to determine random buildings. Real men have D8 dice ...or at least a dice roller software.

Good catch, blekk. I think a D10 may be needed though, to accomodate Hero's and Zombie's coice. At that point, you could use a D20 (like the D3 from a D6 in LNOE) pretty easily too, if you happen to have one from HeroScape or whatever.