Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
One of Us!?
09-03-2011, 06:08 AM
RE: One of Us!?
Played again I was zombie and my wife was heros. my wife choose johnny, victor, Mr. goddard and jake who was infected. We changed a few of the rules. made it so hero had to be on tile at beginning of turn to flip over a tile after the flip they could still move or search so we also eliminated the role to draw a card. other than that we played the same. we decided that the zombie hero gets to keep the items as its part of the risk of equiping them so well.

antidote was not found in time this time it was the last unflipped tile on the board which coincidently was the first one she tried to flip but was chased away frow, when mr. Goddard took two wounds. she was using jake as a weapon finding machine. and trading most everything off lots of dynamite and gasoline for goddard. victor died pretty early-on in a four on one three loss in a row fight. She searched and found a chainsaw and gave it to Johnny on turn eight at this point she decided she could not get the antidote back in time and just camped next to infected jake to wait for him to turn so she could cut him up with the chainsaw. some friend Johnny is Watchmen02. Johnny killed him instantly upon his failed suicide and mr goddard was also killed in the same turn waiting at the road out of town against one lonely zombie. We continued on to see if johnny could make it but he died two turns latter.

I would leave the zombie heros item rule, it makes the humans have to use their infected more strategically as opposed to just blindly searching every turn.
a coulpe of question that came up where. can the infected hero trade away his revolver, and if so can he attempt suicide with another gun.
Also if the infected hero kills himself with gasoline and the other heros leave is this still a minor victory.
Very ejoyable scenario keep up the good work.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2011, 06:41 AM
sounds cool, I book marked it an am going to give it a go on sunday

~If we are being chased by Zombies, I'm tripping you!!!Zombie13
09-04-2011, 05:45 AM
This one sounds fun, I'll have to give it a try in the near future.
09-07-2011, 02:36 PM
So I tried this out. It seems like 10 turns is a bit rough to ever get the antidote to him unless you are really lucky.

Heroes get remembered. Legends never die.
09-07-2011, 09:25 PM
ten turns is very hard to do. me and my wife have played it several times with all eight counters and she has only made it back once. She has refused to play with any less tokens than eight. so we've now made it so you could flip the token at the start of a hero turn then take a regular search or movement. Otherwise we couldn't even get close with the antidote.

Eating brains and taking names.
09-12-2011, 08:51 PM
Yeah, the ten turns thing was meant to create a somewhat-cruel challenge - especially if all 8 tiles are used, but the idea is to create a high-stakes pressure on the other 3 heroes to get them really weighing the pros and cons of dashing for the tiles vs looking for weapons/events.

Abomination, you raised some really good questions. In answer, I would say that the infected hero can attempt suicide as long as he still has a firearm on turn 10, but he can NOT trade his revolver away.

As to the gas can, I see no reason why he shouldn't be able to suicide with it and still allow for a minor victory. If you can get the gascan and a fire item, by all means, let the infected burn. Zombie17
01-24-2012, 08:35 AM
Wife and I played this scenario today. I was the zombies, and she was the heroes. It was a quick game. The antidote was in the building next to the infected hero, and it was the first token revealed. I started with 4 zombies and then rolled snake eyes for my first spawn... 2nd turn, I got to spawn 2 more zombies. 3rd turn I drew the "rotten bodies" card and rolled a 6... all my zombies were gone lol. All the while the heroes were rolling 5's and 6's for movement on their way out of town. Game was over in 5 turns.

It was still fun, and we'll play it again. Just bad luck with zombie rolls and the heroes finding the antidote right away. :-)