Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Painted Town Elder Showcase
01-05-2022, 03:46 PM
Painted Town Elder Showcase
Happy New Year everyone. I wish you a great 2022. These figures are from various companies:
The Widow Jessica is from Blue Moon Manufacturing - Romanian Villagers - BMM107 £37 ($50) set of 20 minis. https://www.oldgloryminiatures.com/prodd...od=BMM-107
Dr. Manning is from Perry Miniatures - Civilians - AW73 £7.50 ($10.16) set of 8 minis https://www.perry-miniatures.com/product...civilians/
The Harbourmaster is from Black Scorpion Miniatures - Royal Naval Captain - £4.25 ($5.76) https://www.blackscorpionminiatures.com/...y-captain/
Lady Hanbrook is from Black Scorpion Miniatures - Governor's Daughter - £4.25 ($5.76) https://www.blackscorpionminiatures.com/...-daughter/
Rev. Harding is from West Wind Productions - Town Elders - GHH0004 - £8 ($10.84) set of 5 minis https://www.westwindproductions.co.uk/in...uct_id=331
Lord Hanbrook Rev. Harding is from West Wind Productions - Town Elders - GHH0004 - £8 ($10.84) set of 5 minis https://www.westwindproductions.co.uk/in...uct_id=331
Mayor Carver, Magistrate Croft and Sophie, The Midwife (I believe are from Old Glory Miniatures).

Pros and cons of these miniatures:

Pros
Good value (mostly)
realistic scale
thematically and time period perfect

Cons:
I can't tell you how much time, money and research went into the Town Elders project but I've tried to include as many details as I could for those of you who are insane enough to try and get a set for yourselves.
A little conversion required for Sophie (removed a hat, sculpted some hair from Games Workshop Green Stuff) and Dr. Manning (repositioned left arm, chopped off a hat, replaced with a doctors bag, a satchel from my Militia project)
Some of the sculpts are a bit ugly, bulging eyes, sausage hands and difficult to remove mould lines also some lack detail.

Overall, I would grade these miniatures as 3/5.
Conclusion:
Well, there you go. I think this project has taken me the longest out of all my AToE projects but now they're finished I can't wait to use them. I painstakingly studied the cards to get the correct cards and figures to represent them. Some are ridiculously close some are a bit off but I did my best. I also studdied the cards to match the colours the best I could. There's a fine line between dedication and obssesiveZombie20 They will be included in every game and sometimes will be on the board with your character in certain situations. Plus they'll be used in showdowns. Are these necessary for your games? Absolutely not, but for me, I'm happy with them.Watchmen02

If you like these kind of game additions, please see my other posts in this forum section for many more of my AToE painted models to add into your games.

Anyway, I'd like to know your thoughts. Thanks for looking and happy gaming
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2022, 05:24 PM
RE: Painted Town Elder Showcase
I'm just stunned Zombie12 The paint jobs & conversions are great but I'm really impressed by the effort to find the correct figs for the Elders.

How long did this project take?

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
01-05-2022, 09:39 PM
DAAAAYMN!
01-05-2022, 10:04 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2022 10:05 PM by samuraitrev.)
(01-05-2022 05:24 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  I'm just stunned Zombie12 The paint jobs & conversions are great but I'm really impressed by the effort to find the correct figs for the Elders.

How long did this project take?

OD

Thank you. This project has been ongoing for over a year (it includes me procrastinating and sitting on them, I've never painted 9 characters all together before). I've done assembly line style painting of similar figs but this was a new challenge. Research and purchasing: 2 or 3 solid days and that's with a background knowledge of likely companies that might have what I'm after (specifically civilian period models from around 1790-1810. Preparation, conversion and painting two or three weeks (in between, full time work, parenting, marriage, a trapped nerve and Covid (The last 2 I'm still dealing with). Yeah, projects like this keep me going.Zombie17

(01-05-2022 09:39 PM)BigDumbYak Wrote:  DAAAAYMN!

Thank youZombie17
01-08-2022, 06:30 PM
Nice!!
01-08-2022, 09:59 PM
Impressive!
01-09-2022, 02:01 PM
Thank you. I just have a few allies left. But quite a few Villains and Minions. I have quite a few of the models ready for some paint. I just have to get around to them. I'm also working on Warhammer Quest: Shadows Over Hammerhall. I'm just painting the last hero from that game. I like to paint all the miniatures from a game before I play it. Unfortunately, this means I sometimes buy a game and don't play it until a year later. Doesn't make sense, I knowZombie20
01-10-2022, 06:02 AM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2022 06:03 AM by Raynor.)
Wow, this is super cool. I'm really impressed how you've built out the game to such an impressive degree. Mad props! And these characters are so on point, and the paint job and basing, masterful as always. Just wow.
01-10-2022, 03:47 PM
(01-10-2022 06:02 AM)Raynor Wrote:  Wow, this is super cool. I'm really impressed how you've built out the game to such an impressive degree. Mad props! And these characters are so on point, and the paint job and basing, masterful as always. Just wow.

Thanks Raynor, these comments always spur me on to get more of the project done and keep delivering more of it so you guys can check it out. I also hope that it will inspire someone to pick up a paintbrush. It's just the greatest hobby. It really adds to the games (even if you just paint the base set of minis with a game). All it takes is a little patience but it's a great way to relax and clear your head. I like to paint whilst listening to music or listening to Youtubers talk about dungeon crawler games.

If you're beginners I recommend Games Workshop's Contrast paint range. You can spray the models with a bright undercoat (Grey Seer, Wraithbone or White). Then you put one of the contrast paints on and you've got a base colour that shades AND leaves highlights. Here's a 4 min. video to show how easy it actually is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39lTbnyhzos
01-13-2022, 10:49 AM
Top notch work again Trev! Hope you get better soon and are able to enjoy playing games with your stunning minis.