Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pick or Draw heroes?
01-10-2011, 04:15 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2011 04:16 PM by samuraitrev.)
RE: Pick or Draw heroes?
Our games are always random now. We used to allow choosing but after a while people just went for Sam and the Sheriff and it got predictable. So I made a table to pick Scenarios, board sections and characters at random.
You see with turning the boards over you can tell (consiously or sub-consiously) which boards are the newer ones and which are older. You may think that doesen't matter but when playing scenarios like Escape In The Truck getting the board with the Garage with the Gasoline pick up makes a big difference... Or for missions such as Die Zombie Die if you chose characters players (I would think) are bound to go for the Sheriff and Rachelle because they both start with guns and then hope for the gun shop and police station. I think the random element adds tension to the survival horror aspect of the game. If you've watched any zombie films you'll see that the survivors aren't usually all powerhouses many of them are weak or cowards and some end up dying. I do like the cinematic feel to the game which the random angle brings. I like every game to be different.Watchmen02 Here's a link to my random tables if you are interested. http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...tor-tables
Happy gamingWatchmen02
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2011, 10:04 PM
Most of the time, we pick the characters, although a random drawing is done from time to time.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-10-2011, 11:36 PM
When we switched from random to picking, the heroes began to dominate. It changes the whole dynamic of how you play.
I think random is more fun. The guys drew 3 girls and the priest one game.

If we keep draing the same characters, then we'll ditch one or 2 and draw from what's remaining.
01-12-2011, 05:21 AM
With the game being new to my gaming group, we pull chars randomly (same with scenarios). But having Growing Hunger and Hero Pack, we have a large pool of heroes. Rather than shuffling the chars from the first game back in, we set them aside, draw from the unused characters, and then shuffle them in. this guarantees that the cast for the new game will be different than the last, but still have all the characters available for the purposes of mid game replacements.
01-12-2011, 03:01 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2011 03:02 PM by pyrrhus.)
We usually pick two of your own choosing and then draw two at random.