Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Printing Custom Cards
02-17-2010, 06:56 PM
Printing Custom Cards
How do you guys print/mount/etc. your custom character cards? Do you just print them on photo paper at home? I can't seem to get the size right.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2010, 12:32 AM
RE: Printing Custom Cards
Well, I have some photo paper that is 4 X 6 that seems to be the perfect size for the Character cards, as for mounting them, one person suggested black poster board, unfortunately I haven't found one that is sturdy enough, it all is pretty flimsy. I also have been looking for a back of the Character Cards because when I try scanning the real thing, the image looks pretty poor.

I figured the photo paper would add to the sturdiness of the card, but I am still on the look out for something that is thinner than cardboard, but is thicker than black poster board. I am doing my best to try and make them blend in with the real deal as best as I can so if the cards are picked at random, you won't just pick all the custom heroes, though I know that will be hard.
11-25-2010, 03:55 AM
(02-18-2010 12:32 AM)Sylis Wrote:  Well, I have some photo paper that is 4 X 6 that seems to be the perfect size for the Character cards, as for mounting them, one person suggested black poster board, unfortunately I haven't found one that is sturdy enough, it all is pretty flimsy. I also have been looking for a back of the Character Cards because when I try scanning the real thing, the image looks pretty poor.

I figured the photo paper would add to the sturdiness of the card, but I am still on the look out for something that is thinner than cardboard, but is thicker than black poster board. I am doing my best to try and make them blend in with the real deal as best as I can so if the cards are picked at random, you won't just pick all the custom heroes, though I know that will be hard.
you need to use chipboard to mount, print on 8 1/2 by 11 glossy photo paper
black chipboard or natural, I prefer the black.
http://www.amazon.com/Grafix-Medium-Weig...569&sr=8-8
11-25-2010, 08:16 AM
I use old Magiccards (commons that is) to put the customcard on. The back of the card I also cover with a back of the LNOEcard.