Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Project Woodinvale
06-26-2008, 09:23 PM
RE: Project Woodinvale
It appears from the card pics the "Letters"on the HS jacket are SK.
Storm Kings?Silver Knights?Scarlet Knights?

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-26-2008, 10:33 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2008 01:50 PM by Canadian Pittbull.)
Old Dwarf Wrote:It appears from the card pics the "Letters"on the HS jacket are SK.
Storm Kings?Silver Knights?Scarlet Knights?

OD

Hmm...indeed. I still like the Woodinvale Wolves and of course the Prawns. So maybe the Wolves are the basketball team, Prawns and wrestling/boxing team and the SK are the football team? I can put them all on the walls there is enough room. :P

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
06-27-2008, 12:46 AM
At my highschool we were all the same... the Trojans... for EVERYTHING. :rolleyes:

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-27-2008, 01:49 PM
Admin Wrote:At my highschool we were all the same... the Trojans... for EVERYTHING. :rolleyes:

I am wondering if the School has a different name instead of just Woodinvale High. I am thinking maybe the "S" is the name of the school and the "K" of course could be anything but probably something like the Knights or Kings or maybe based after an animal since most schools use animals.

06-27-2008, 02:09 PM
I think the truth behind the SK was that just happened to be on the jacket they had for the costume.

I don't think they would have paid out for a new jacket just to take photographs!

ooooppss......Have I just spoilt the magic.....sorry, Ignore that man behind the curtain!! Zombie03 Watchmen02
06-27-2008, 02:09 PM
This is certainly a possibility. I've been to many schools, and sometimes the name has nothing to do with the locale, such as Eleanor Roosevelt High, located in Baltimore. However, a team's name is usually the same for all athletic groups, plus it would incorporate the school's name as well. I doubt they'd change it to Woodinvale if the school name is, say St. Kenneth (a real patron saint).

~Sarah
06-27-2008, 02:40 PM
St. Kenneth Saints... I like it!

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-27-2008, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2008 05:32 PM by Canadian Pittbull.)
Admin Wrote:St. Kenneth Saints... I like it!

I like it as well. However I still like the Woodinvale Wolves and the Fighting Prawns. Anyone up for making a St. Kenneth Saints Logo? I can put that on the opposite wall of the gym. :P I think St. Kenneth Highschool is a great name.

Besides who knows? Maybe the orignal name for the school's teams was the Woodinvale Wolves but with restructuring and proper funding the schools in the district were able to revitalize the sports and were to come up with new names for the school team. Since it so happens that the school is called St. Kenneth they opted for more support from the student body by going with the St. Kenneth Saints. I am sure Father Joseph is very happy and blessed them all to win the tournamet each and every Sunday at mass.

As far as just used any jacket to take the photos with, I agree. I thought about that after I was looking at the cards. So no magic has been destroyed since suspension of disbelief will do just nicely.

06-27-2008, 06:43 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2008 06:44 PM by zombie67.)
SarahStalcup Wrote:This is certainly a possibility. I've been to many schools, and sometimes the name has nothing to do with the locale, such as Eleanor Roosevelt High, located in Baltimore.

~Sarah

And let's not forget James Woods High School, Quahog, Rhode Island.

[Image: fGuyPetersGotWoods_v1Lr_72.jpg]

CP, I'll have a go at the St. Kenneth logo later this evening.
06-28-2008, 01:58 AM
Thanks Zombie! I look forward to what you come up with. My progress thus far is the highschool is pretty much done. Just have one more wall to put up and then this set of 4 L shaped boards are done (for now). Taking a break from it for the Canadian Longweekend and then get back to it. The board is looking good. I will take some pics and give a little looks see as it slowly comes together. I also started working on the well for the centre of town.

I also picked up a few more Marvel Heroclix terrain sets that will work brilliantly since there are crates, popmachines, dumpsters, streetlights, bookcases, mailboxes and some desks. I also picked up a couple of those MageKnight sets with tables and chairs and really creepy looking artifacts to dress the antique shop with.

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/heroclix/mar...?cid=36559

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/heroclix/mar...?cid=36560

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/mkdungeons/a...e=products

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/mkdungeons/a...e=products

I got them cheap since the store selling them is going out of buisness.