Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Project Zomboid: My first death - Part 1
01-20-2013, 02:39 AM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2013 04:50 AM by zachmaio.)
Project Zomboid: My first death - Part 1
Hey everyone, recently I purchased and downloaded Project Zomboid for my MBP, it's a large sandbox Zombie survival game where eventually...you will die. This is the short story of my first death...and a gory one it was.

So my first spawn had me waking up in a two story house with lots of places to loot. In the bathroom I found some sleeping pills along with pain killers..in the kitchen I hit the jackpot with all sorts of food ranging from raw steaks, cans of soup, some ramen, and a variety of fruits and vegetables! Nobody wants to eat a raw steak so I threw it on the oven and turned it on. As the steak hit the oven I heard a window shatter...

...cut back to real life where I'm sitting at my computer in the dark with headphones on (because my girlfriend was asleep :P) ...the sound of that window shattering in the game literally almost made me piss myself...

My first thought is where could that window be in the house? I hadn't really explored the house so I didn't even know where all of the windows were..probably should have done that before I decided to cook up some steaks..idiot.

I ran around the house quick and then BAM!!! There's a zombie in my living room!!! AHHHHH!!!!! The only thing I have on me is a butter knife...hmm, why not? I Equip the butter knife and STAB STAB STAB! My first zombie life taken..fantastic.

Back to business, I quickly run back to get my steaks off of the oven...they're burnt to a crisp..uggh.

Time to explore!

I leave the house and run down the street , there's a big building covered with windows..a super market? I think so! What a good place to be, all of this food! I will never go hungry in here!

First things first lets check the cupboards at the front desk...what's that? A FIRE AXE! This is fantastic..who as time to think about all of the food on the shelves when i just found a shiny new zombie slaying machine!

Oh no a zombie is interrupting my shopping spree!

Time to dispose of him!!!

Zombies=0 Zach=2

Grocery shopping is done..with all these groceries plus my fire axe I should be set as long as i'm careful!...the careful part shortly came to and end...

I left the grocery store and was feeling drowsy so now it was time to get back to my house so I could get some shut eye and wake up ready to kill more zeds! Only problem with this plan is...WHERE THE HELL IS MY HOUSE?!?!?! How do I lose a house? Apparently it's not that hard...

i wandered and wandered and wandered until I wasn't very careful and walked straight into a herd...

On my way through the herd one of them had bitten me...it was only a matter of time now.....

....to be continued....

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2013, 02:46 AM
RE: Project Zomboid: My first death - Part 1
Please embed smaller versions of the images? This thread's a bit big on the load.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-20-2013, 03:09 AM
RE: Project Zomboid: My first death - Part 1
(01-20-2013 02:46 AM)mqstout Wrote:  Please embed smaller versions of the images? This thread's a bit big on the load.

Is it better on part 2? I posted that a couple of minutes ago. And the images look smaller at least..I might have to change the resolution of the images or something? I'm not very good at all this

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
Find all posts by this user