Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Questions about rules!
01-02-2013, 02:42 AM
Questions about rules!
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone could answer some questions for me. I just played my first round of FANG with my girlfriend and we ran into some questions that we couldn't seem to answer.

1)If you choose "escape" on a cliff hanger card and manage to escape do you still get the danger marker that counts towards getting the artifact? Or do you have to draw another danger card and go from there?

2)If you land on a city with an artifact in it can you do an adventure city phase and an adventure artifact phase? Or is it one or the other?

3)If you choose 'fight' on a danger card and then are KO'd by that enemy do you lose all your progress toward the artifact and go back to your city as a normal KO or do you just fail the danger and then flip it for the cliffhanger the next round?
...i'm assuming a KO is a KO so you would lost D6 stuff and start at your city.

Thanks in advance!!!

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2013, 03:21 AM
RE: Questions about rules!
(1) If by "escape" a cliffhanger, you mean successfully pass its challenge, then, yes, you do get the danger marker for completing it (and its glory is collected immediately instead of going into the pile to claim when you camp down as a danger would). You can choose to camp down or press on after completing the cliffhanger.
(2) Cities can't have an artifact in them. Artifacts can only be generated in the wild areas. (Ie, location cards only refer to the territories unless it something otherwise specifies a random city.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-02-2013, 05:48 AM
RE: Questions about rules!
(01-02-2013 03:21 AM)mqstout Wrote:  (1) If by "escape" a cliffhanger, you mean successfully pass its challenge, then, yes, you do get the danger marker for completing it (and its glory is collected immediately instead of going into the pile to claim when you camp down as a danger would). You can choose to camp down or press on after completing the cliffhanger.
(2) Cities can't have an artifact in them. Artifacts can only be generated in the wild areas. (Ie, location cards only refer to the territories unless it something otherwise specifies a random city.)

My girlfriend was the one who laid it in Paris..I guess she was looking at the city on the bottom :P

and this was the situation with the 'escape'....The cliffhanger on the ice caves danger was a fight against a yeti...at the bottom of the yeti cliffhanger there was an option to 'escape.' The escape was completed successfully so what happens after that? I would assume you get the danger marker but do not collect the 7 glory because you didn't defeat the yeti. Just a confirmation on that being correct would be great. Thanks mqstout!

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
Find all posts by this user