Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ranged weapons - searches and exchanges in Gun Shop/Police Station
09-22-2011, 09:57 PM
RE: Ranged weapons - searches and exchanges in Gun Shop/Police Station
Thanks for all the feedback people.

I guess the question as to whether a gun discarded on one side of the board and then picked up by someone in a gun shop/police station (or with a card that allowed them to grab any card from the discard pile) and whether it can be used again that turn boils down to House Rules.

I'm sitting on the fence on this one, part of me thinks that the logical thing is that it's a completely different gun so therefore there's no reason why the Hero shouldn't be able to fire it, but I see how it could lead to abuse if there were more than one Hero in a gun shop/police station, but then that's the benefit of those buildings I guess and as a zombie player one could destroy the building to prevent the Heros from gaining such an advantage.

Have a great game!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-22-2011, 10:10 PM
It's not actually house rules. It's rules as written and clarified by the developers of the game. Some people house rule that that rule doesn't apply Watchmen02

From the official Wiki:
http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index....orrections

Quote:Re-using Item Cards
A single copy of a Hero Item card may NOT be used by more than one Hero in the same Turn (this includes Weapons).

For example, if a Hero uses a First Aid Kit to Fully Heal then discards it, another Hero in the Hospital cannot then use the building’s Pick Up: ability to retrieve the same copy of First Aid Kit and discard it to Fully Heal during the same turn.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-22-2011, 10:26 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2011 10:37 PM by Zed's dead baby.)
(09-22-2011 10:10 PM)mqstout Wrote:  It's not actually house rules. It's rules as written and clarified by the developers of the game. Some people house rule that that rule doesn't apply Watchmen02

From the official Wiki:
http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index....orrections

Quote:Re-using Item Cards
A single copy of a Hero Item card may NOT be used by more than one Hero in the same Turn (this includes Weapons).

For example, if a Hero uses a First Aid Kit to Fully Heal then discards it, another Hero in the Hospital cannot then use the building’s Pick Up: ability to retrieve the same copy of First Aid Kit and discard it to Fully Heal during the same turn.

Thanks mqstout.

Sorry, that's what I was implying when I said "boils down to House Rules."

In all honesty, in the game it occurred in I don't recall the Hero player firing the shotgun twice in any one turn, what frustrated me was the fact that he could lose it and then immediately pick it up with another Hero, but there's no way of overcoming that without destroying/taking-over the building. Mulling over it later it occurred to me that he could have fired twice and I wouldn't have been able to say he couldn't as I didn't have a good understanding of the rule.

Thanks for your help!
Mulling over it some more, I guess the best thing to do is to have a "discard" Discard pile and any cards used by the Heroes that turn/phase are not put into the main discard pile until the very end of that Hero turn/phase.
09-22-2011, 10:45 PM
I get the dropping or losing a item and not being able to pick it up right after it is loss and using,This would stop from someone camping out the police station etc.
But as I read about 2 weapons cannot be used by the hero's in the same turn kind of confused me.
Say jake picked up a shotgun by doing a regular search and hasnt lost it and still using it. Now Billy may have found another shotgun,either by a luck of the draw search off the pile,or even if there is another one in the discard pile he got through the police station.
Now they can both shoot their ranged attacks when its their turn right?
Or does this mean there can only be one shotgun on the board and only one shotgun can be fired per entire hero round?
09-22-2011, 10:55 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2011 10:56 PM by Zed's dead baby.)
(09-22-2011 10:45 PM)ProfitOfDoom Wrote:  I get the dropping or losing a item and not being able to pick it up right after it is loss and using,This would stop from someone camping out the police station etc.
But as I read about 2 weapons cannot be used by the hero's in the same turn kind of confused me.
Say jake picked up a shotgun by doing a regular search and hasnt lost it and still using it. Now Billy may have found another shotgun,either by a luck of the draw search off the pile,or even if there is another one in the discard pile he got through the police station.
Now they can both shoot their ranged attacks when its their turn right?
Or does this mean there can only be one shotgun on the board and only one shotgun can be fired per entire hero round?

Two separate weapons are fine to be used, the scenario we've been discussing involves the same card been used twice in any given Hero /turn phase, which is a no-no. Baseball bat and Welding torch omitted of course, but they can only be used multiple times by the same Hero.
09-23-2011, 12:22 AM
@Zed's Dead: Remember that you can always use cards like There's No Time, Leave it! to completely remove a card from the discard pile. It comes in handy when the building searches are in play.
09-23-2011, 01:52 PM
Hi, Now im getting confused, and it easy to do that.

Rules Clarifications and Corrections
Re-using Item Cards

So, im down with the Once per round card useage.

Are you saying or is the rules saying. In the example above. Can the second Hero Pick up the First Aid Kit ? Not use it in the same turn, just pick it up, or must they wait for the next turn ?

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
09-23-2011, 02:16 PM (This post was last modified: 09-23-2011 02:17 PM by thanatos.)
A discarded item may ALWAYS be PICKED UP on the same turn using a building pickup, but it may NEVER be USED on the same turn. The rules are just saying it can't be picked up AND USED.
09-23-2011, 02:33 PM
(09-23-2011 02:16 PM)thanatos Wrote:  A discarded item may ALWAYS be PICKED UP on the same turn using a building pickup, but it may NEVER be USED on the same turn. The rules are just saying it can't be picked up AND USED.

Dats a whata i thought, jus chick'n Watchmen02

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05