Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rifle Butt
04-25-2012, 12:31 AM
RE: Rifle Butt
I like the cards idea, or even a dot value.

I also like making the rifle 2-handed, that would balance it out with it granting a melee bonus. We already play the chainsaw 2-handed.

The adding one to any dice is big though, I would rather have that on Jenny or Johnny than rolling an extra die.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2012, 11:14 PM
(04-24-2012 05:14 AM)Wade Wrote:  What about giving the Butt Stroke (that's the common term in the shooting world) a dot value?
Then it could become scenario specific and balanced with a zombie ability.

Just a thought.

This was my thought when reading through this thread, and I got to admit I like the general idea.

Since there aren't that many weapons in there, I don't see a reason giving this Special Rule anymore than 1 Dot. In return, it wouldn't be too powerful.

- Instead of discarding a ranged weapon due to a ammo roll, place a wounded marker on it. The hero may now use it as a hand weapon until she either discards it or finds ammo, in which case it is reloaded and once again a ranged weapon.
As a hand weapon, it allows the hero to re-roll one of her fight dice. However, if the die rolls a one or two, the weapon breaks and is discarded as usual.
This rule does not apply to the signal flare or the dynamite.
06-26-2012, 07:54 PM
I think this definitely sounds like a great idea. Plus, it makes a heck of a lot more sense thematically. I mean, I have a big gun like a rifle and I run out of ammo, I think I'm probably going to try to swing it like a club to defend myself.

I would agree with some folks' concerns, though. It would definitely need to be balanced in some way, so as not to add too much benefit to the hero and make it too powerful.

My thought on at least one way to make this a little more balanced would be this:

Guns cannot be used as a clubbing weapon unless they are out of ammo. My personal thought process on that is if I have ammo, I'm going to try shooting instead of using the gun as a club. Why risk breaking it (or worse, it backfiring and shooting you) when I still have ammo?