Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Search for the Truth - collect question
12-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Search for the Truth - collect question
I guess when it reads "collect explosives" this means continuing your searches rather than picking out explosive cards from the deck?

Using the extra deck from the SOTF expansion seems to make finding dynamite or gas in time really unlikely.

BTW - i'm new to the game ;-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2011, 05:32 PM
RE: Search for the Truth - collect question
Hi Achtung Panzer. Im kinda confused by your question.

I dont have it in front of me...but here goes.

During Search for the Truth, you are correct. Picking cards from the SOTF deck will not find you explosives. Once you have discovered the search item you need. That item becomes a "scenario search item" which can then be found in the Hero deck, in a vareity of ways

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
12-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Hi Pjon

Sorry, I meant to ask whether you still had to continue searching for the explosive items by searching the Hero Deck (discard Deck if approriate), or do you pick them out from the hero / Discard deck immediately, take them as Items and then proceed to the location?

Does that help?
12-03-2011, 10:22 AM
Yes "collect" means obtain in the usual way - typically searching. Smart player wont have been discarding potential useful items, so they may already have some or all of what they need.

Once they learn what they need, its as Pjon (and the card) say, the target items in question become a Scenario search item. So things like "just what I needed" or "I found it" allow players to pull them from the discard or hero decks. This means you should find one every ~10 searches. That can make it hard to find 2 items in time, but if your Hero players can't average two searches per turn between them then thay aren't trying hard enough.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-08-2011, 08:04 PM
Hi, so I was playing search for the Truth the other night.

Jake found record B, needing a fire item. Mr Goddard found Record C, the Hospital.

Im not sure if I Played this correct, i think maybe not ???

I killed Jake and placed the letter token "B" where he died. Yes ?

Does Mr Goddard count as a Fire Item for the scenario search item, or must it be an actual item. At the time, I/we ruled he does not count as an Item ? I am wondering if he does. Im kinda in favor of him counting as an Item. Seems weird though.

12-10-2011, 12:04 PM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2011 09:39 AM by Zinthos.)
Hi PJON,
I am strongly in favor having Mr Goddard be able to fulfill the fire item requirement of this task. Most things requiring fire use the little flame symbol to mean fire item, and Mr Goddard has that. Perhaps more importantly, this scenario pre-dates Mr Goddard, so it can write "fire item" and mean "item with flame symbol", because the two were previously the same thing.
The only time I would distinguish MrGoddard from being an item is for making ranged attacks with fire, such as to light a distant gas marker. IMO, MrGoddard does not have that ability, because he can't "discard" the item in question.

But, I disagree with your other play.
You don't need to place the letter "B" on the board. If you killed Jake, then that Records item gets lost like all his other items. Items need a special waiver to survive Hero death. Generally only quest tokens get dropped, and the Scenario/Records here don't say anything about quest tokens or surviving hero death.
What they do say is that you need to get "any 2 Records" to the relevant place. Obviously this means other Records will do, and thus first two Records found that established the scenario parameters can be lost like regular items without making the mission impossible.
Taking out one of the existing records is a prime strategy for the Zombie player, as finding a third "Records" card in time can be a challenge.
12-12-2011, 04:49 PM
Hi Zinthos. I like you your mean Insane16

I think i would like a couple other people to chime in on this. All though I am in favor of your explaination.

Zinthos Wrote
But, I disagree with your other play.
You don't need to place the letter "B" on the board. If you killed Jake, then that Records item gets lost like all his other items. Items need a special waiver to survive Hero death. Generally only quest tokens get dropped, and the Scenario/Records here don't say anything about quest tokens or surviving hero death.
What they do say is that you need to get "any 2 Records" to the relevant place. Obviously this means other Records will do, and thus first two Records found that established the scenario parameters can be lost like regular items without making the mission impossible.
Taking out one of the existing records is a prime strategy for the Zombie player, as finding a third "Records" card in time can be a challenge.

The scenario does not state to drop the Records, as other scenarios do state the Items drops and can be picked up. I think, there are only 3 records and you can not take cards from the discard SOTF decks ? In the game i played I did Kill Jake, and Goddard, both had records. Goddard was also the Third Hero to die, so we ended it. I am incline to agree with you though.

Thankz

12-13-2011, 09:34 AM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2011 09:37 AM by Zinthos.)
I agree that more voices would be nice. However, while there is no way to take cards from the SotF discard decks, out of the 20 Unique Items, six of them are "Records". Finding a third is a major inconvenience but is also most definitely doable.