Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Shadows of Brimstone Board?
10-23-2013, 03:29 PM
Shadows of Brimstone Board?
The video showed pictures of the board, but no explanation of playing the game. What's combat like? What's movement like? Is it just LNOE with a new coop version and new tile laying?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-24-2013, 01:55 AM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2013 01:56 AM by IanRoss.)
RE: Shadows of Brimstone Board?
(10-23-2013 03:29 PM)ZombieDad Wrote:  The video showed pictures of the board, but no explanation of playing the game. What's combat like? What's movement like? Is it just LNOE with a new coop version and new tile laying?

The main page of the kickstarter has a "How Does The Game Play?" section which goes over some basic info, including movement. They haven't covered combat yet but end that section writing that more info will be added shortly.
10-24-2013, 10:16 PM
I've been having a look. I just can't extend my backlog of unpainted minis can I?...

It does look sweet though!Watchmen02
10-24-2013, 10:47 PM
(10-24-2013 10:16 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  I've been having a look. I just can't extend my backlog of unpainted minis can I?...

It does look sweet though!Watchmen02

We all know he answer to thatWatchmen02

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
10-25-2013, 11:48 AM
I was looking and although the game seems cool and has some nice features I'm not sure the theme is for me. The creatures are a little too alien for my liking and not demonic enough as I would of thought. The growing your character thing is cool as long as you play with the same group constantly otherwise it's kind of useless. I may get it one day but that's long down the road. Right now I am just focusing on BitF.
10-25-2013, 03:17 PM
Well, I was expecting a more 'portal to Hell"type theme,
I think the 2 core games cover that-I'm not really sure about the
otherworld stuff.

I'm selecting my add-ons to pick up the hellish type stuff.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
10-25-2013, 03:26 PM
I'm interested and trust FFP to deliver a good game. BUT I'm playing a lot of ATOE, LNOE and FANG so I don't feel a hunger for it - yet Zombie03
10-25-2013, 06:57 PM
I hope the character development is a big part of the game. Do you guys think Jake Cartwright will make another character appearance?
10-25-2013, 07:12 PM
(10-25-2013 06:57 PM)alderdust Wrote:  I hope the character development is a big part of the game. Do you guys think Jake Cartwright will make another character appearance?

I'd bet my crypt on it!
11-25-2013, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 11-25-2013 03:15 PM by Atraangelis.)
FRom what i have been seeing during the kick-starter.
I belive (my own assumption on the facts i have seen) the game will actually be like a "Stargate" kind of thing..

You have a all these mines in Brimstone.. and every so often gates/portals keep opening up to different worlds. And its the job of the Posse to wrangle them in.

The fact thats its coop is great. And i Hope that it replaces my Descent1 and 2!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user