Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Shamble - declare zombie before roll?
01-23-2013, 09:36 PM
RE: Shamble - declare zombie before roll?
(01-23-2013 02:30 PM)alderdust Wrote:  The worst is when you use shamble and roll a 1....you're like FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

LOL! Oh man! I know just what you mean. I hate when that happens to me when I'm playing as Zombies. You see that "Shamble" card come up, you get a little gleam in your eyes, you sneer, you give out a little evil chuckle, you play the card, you roll and find out that, instead of its normal 1 space, one of your zombies gets to move.... 1 space. ARRRRRGH! LOL!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2013, 10:12 PM
(01-23-2013 09:36 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  
(01-23-2013 02:30 PM)alderdust Wrote:  The worst is when you use shamble and roll a 1....you're like FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

LOL! Oh man! I know just what you mean. I hate when that happens to me when I'm playing as Zombies. You see that "Shamble" card come up, you get a little gleam in your eyes, you sneer, you give out a little evil chuckle, you play the card, you roll and find out that, instead of its normal 1 space, one of your zombies gets to move.... 1 space. ARRRRRGH! LOL!

I always throw up a little in my mouth when I see that 1.
01-24-2013, 09:04 PM
(01-23-2013 10:12 PM)alderdust Wrote:  
(01-23-2013 09:36 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  

I always throw up a little in my mouth when I see that 1.

My innocence dies just a tiny bit. ;-)
01-26-2013, 05:16 AM
I play with a few groups of people, and I'm the one who owns the game, so I have a little composition notebook that rides along with the game for house rules. Anytime we encounter something unclear and can't find an answer on the net or in the rulebook, we write it down and make it gospel so there is never an issue of catering to one side or another.. Group vote and ruling. Makes the game more fun working it out and people are generally open to changing the rules if everyone has input.. As for shamble, we play call the zombie first.

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-28-2013, 08:51 PM
That sounds really cool, friskers! I love that your group actually votes on it, and you officially write it down in a house rules notebook. I don't do anything that official myself.

When my group, or my friends and I have a question come up, I typically text it to myself so I don't forget, then I come here to ask my question and get clarification. ;-) Somehow somebody here pretty much always knows the answer. Plus, it makes it even more fun to get to discuss new stuff all the time and become even more of an expert on this game. ;-)
02-23-2013, 04:25 AM
Hmm... I like to play by the rules as well, but we've house-ruled this particular one. When the zombie player uses Shamble, he get to roll first and then decide which zombie he'll move. We've done so because of the Heroes movement rule, in which they can roll first and then decide if they will move or search, or whatever, we saw fit that the same should apply to the Zombies.
02-23-2013, 10:13 PM
You know I never thought about it that way before, and oddly enough it was never brought up that way either. Will need to give it a shot a few games and see how it goes..

02-25-2013, 01:06 AM
We roll first. Seems more fair that way.
02-25-2013, 02:23 AM
I like the thought and we're going to give it a shot, my hesitation comes from zombies having favor naturally.
1. Zed's always have a fist full of cards.
2. In order to move, heros must give up the ability to search, which means less cards.
3. Zombies always get to move with the exception of being tethered by hunger.
4. 4 vs 14+, no mater how fast my heros move those bastards always catch up...

02-25-2013, 03:16 AM
(02-25-2013 02:23 AM)friskers96 Wrote:  I like the thought and we're going to give it a shot, my hesitation comes from zombies having favor naturally.
1. Zed's always have a fist full of cards.
2. In order to move, heros must give up the ability to search, which means less cards.
3. Zombies always get to move with the exception of being tethered by hunger.
4. 4 vs 14+, no mater how fast my heros move those bastards always catch up...

1) Yes but the poor defenceless Zombies don't have Revolvers, Pump Shotguns, Signal Flares, Police Shotguns or Pistols. I ask you from an undead's point of view. Is it wrong to want a good square meal?Zombie17

On a serious note. I've always played; nominate the Zombie, then roll.
Let's say it's a 2 player game.
How would the Zombies like it?
If the Heroes rolled and said "Right I'll use this Hero."

As for house rules there's no reason why you can't play; roll the die then pick the Zombie after.