Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
So I had this idea....LNOE Skype!
04-10-2014, 07:43 AM
RE: So I had this idea....LNOE Skype!
Threadnecroing here: handa on the table at all times. Doesnt say WHOSE hands it has ro be though. Or that they have to be attatched to an arm for that matter Watchmen02
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2014, 08:59 PM
They are called Utilikilts, and i have no idea why you guys are talking about skirts and where your hands are

http://www.utilikilts.com/

(02-12-2013 08:57 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  
(02-12-2013 06:39 PM)friskers96 Wrote:  At the ren faires out here they have vendors selling Camo kilts, commando kilts, or combat kilts, I can't remember what they call them but its a manly skirt with pockets for all your minis, dice, and snacks!

A skirt with pockets! Now that IS manly. LOL!

...How in the world did we go from talking about a zombie game to talking about man skirts? LOL!

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
05-15-2014, 10:38 PM
Wow, I didn't even read this forum, but some of the ideas in here can work on my iPhone app vs of LNoeCC that I want to make
05-24-2014, 09:42 PM
Regarding the Vassal module, I do have some experience modifying Vassal modules.

I don't have access to the downloads section yet, but I had downloaded the LNoE module from Vassal many moons ago. IIRC it was basically broken after the images had been removed.

Has anyone ever asked Flying Frog what restrictions they have to allow a Vassal module to be created? (No art work? No text on hero cards?)

When I get a chance, I'll try to get the base module working. If that goes well, and we actually get some games going, I would be willing to incorporate other modules (I own everything except for Blood in the Forest).

Getting Flying Frog's permission will be important, so it would be good to know if anyone has asked permission already.
05-25-2014, 03:49 AM
How long would the sessions be? Or will it be broken up over the course of a week?
05-25-2014, 04:01 AM
(05-25-2014 03:49 AM)DrkBlueXG Wrote:  How long would the sessions be? Or will it be broken up over the course of a week?

Well, that would depend on how we played. A Play By Forum game, where each player posts their actions when it is their turn to act would probably take a couple of weeks. Generally, in those games players check the forum a couple of times a day to see what actions have taken place and if there are and actions pending for them.

If the Vassal module were recreated, Vassal also has support for online live games. Combined with a VOIP session, a game like that would probably take just a bit longer than a regular Face To Face game, maybe two hours?

Other solutions, where everyone can't see the same board would likely take longer.
05-28-2014, 11:57 PM
I sent an email to FFP, asking about their requirements, but there has been no response.

I think I'll take the safe route and make it so that the Hero cards and Zombie cards have no artwork and no text other than the title of the card.

I'll get to work on this next week.

Has anyone ever tried using this module? If anyone knows of any features that need to be fixed, I could probably take care of them then.

When the module is complete, hopefully we could get a Skype game going to play test it.
05-29-2014, 01:48 AM
just use the eye of judgement camera extender lol
05-29-2014, 05:58 AM
We can break up the work load. Get someone to write the cards in a text file. Write the scenarios. Abilities. Although a lot of them are already on lnoecc. Get some generic placeholder images for the truck, trees, heath kits. Run them through a photoshop filter to get them to look similar to the art style. If you need help, then give me a job and I'll do it.
05-29-2014, 01:00 PM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2014 01:05 PM by aprillo.)
This sounds awesome, count me in. Any tasks i could help preform?

(05-28-2014 11:57 PM)brunoreturns Wrote:  I sent an email to FFP, asking about their requirements, but there has been no response.

I think I'll take the safe route and make it so that the Hero cards and Zombie cards have no artwork and no text other than the title of the card.

I'll get to work on this next week.

Has anyone ever tried using this module? If anyone knows of any features that need to be fixed, I could probably take care of them then.

When the module is complete, hopefully we could get a Skype game going to play test it.

I know nothing about vassal, but when it comes to the cards is it possible to some how seperate the cards from various expansions. That way say for example 4 ppl play, 3 ppl have all expansions but one person only has like 3. So to make sure all the cards are owned hy the players for refference, youd only add in the card titles of the decks the lowest person has available.

They're coming for us!!! ... Brains brains ... Ahhh somebody save-- ... Om nom nom