Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
So I'm kinda upset at FFP
09-23-2010, 01:49 PM
So I'm kinda upset at FFP
I got my radioactive zombies the other day and the scenario is just printed on printer paper. No cardboard stock. Isn't that a bit of a cop out? Did anyone else have that problem, like they ran out?

Any good home remedies?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-23-2010, 02:04 PM
RE: So I'm kinda upset at FFP
All their scenarios they sell on the web store have their "scenario rules" printed like that (the others come with the same heavy 'card' for the scenario that matches the game for randomization). It *is* disappointing. I've asked them by email about providing a PDF by email to purchasers so I could print it on my own cardstock like I do the web download scenarios, but, alas, there was no response.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-23-2010, 03:46 PM
To be fair, the scenario is longer, text-wise, and I'm not sure how easily it would fit on the standard cut for the other scenarios. I don't see it as a cop-out, personally, but then, my crew chooses the scenario and the characters. But I can see why people would like it to be on cardboard stock, so it can be randomly selected with the other scenarios.
09-23-2010, 08:12 PM
Meh..I don't get to hung up on it. I don't see it as a cop out at all. It's an extra and not needed to enjoy the game. And agree that with the length of the rules and descriptions to how the scenario works it wouldn't fit on cardstock. If you want to create your own version using those rules on card stock then do so.

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
09-23-2010, 08:52 PM
I think we're confusing some things here:

(a) paper, we all know
(b) card stock -- which comes in standard 8.5x11 size. Heavier grade paper, like what a greeting card is made of
© cardboard -- like the heavy-duty scenario cards

They send the rules sheet on A. I'd like to print them (even myself) on B. A lot of their purchasable scenarios, like Stock Up come with C, with the full rules on A. Again, I'm VERY happy with C, but would still like the part that's on A to be on B.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-23-2010, 11:39 PM
You might be right, but Orguss said cardboard stock, hehehe... So which is it then?

Personally, I would like a cardboard for each of the scenarios, but I would be satisfied with a scenario book (which they hinted 2 years ago!!!).

Cheerio,
ST

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
09-24-2010, 12:10 AM
I just made a copy of the sheet that came with it and put the original away. We just use an electric randomizer when we decide to choose the games by chance. Would seem a little crammed on the hard ones tho
09-24-2010, 12:33 AM
the way we do it is I randomly pick 2 scenerios, and then I search the remaining deck and paper and pick 2 more.. then put those out and we all decide by vote... then they pick their hero's.. then we pick dots.. etc.

soundguy
09-24-2010, 02:15 PM
I'm a big fan of consistency. If 10 scenarios are on cardboard, the other 10 should be too (And pretty much look the same)

I know they have a bit of text on the paper. I don't mind if it has the basic rules on the scenario card and other rules on the paper. I keep all papers, rulebooks, etc. but yes it has to do with the ability to randomly pick it.

I just hope FFP releases them on standard LNoE stock and don't charge an arm and a leg for it... or retro it out to people
09-24-2010, 10:02 PM
I'd love it if they re-released all the 'other' scenerio's on cardboard. I'd for sure pick them up.

soundguy