Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
State of Decay (Xbox/PC)
08-22-2012, 01:06 AM
State of Decay (Xbox/PC)
Just announced, this game looks extremely promising! It's an open world Zombie survival game. The developer is planning on making an MMO game out of it for its next project, for now this is just a singleplayer game. Check it out!

State of Decay
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-22-2012, 02:16 AM
RE: State of Decay (Xbox/PC)
(08-22-2012 01:06 AM)Sharkey Wrote:  Just announced, this game looks extremely promising! It's an open world Zombie survival game. The developer is planning on making an MMO game out of it for its next project, for now this is just a singleplayer game. Check it out!

State of Decay

I like the images and the idea. Sounds like fun. Thanks for the info, Sharkey.

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
09-27-2012, 06:44 PM
Saw a story about this in Game Informer online. VERY interesting and looks very cool. The only thing that might bother some folks is that they won't have "multi-player" for the initial launch, although they are working on it for the future.
10-02-2012, 04:02 AM
I saw something that I DID NOT like. Zombies running after characters. I wish people that make these games would actually watch the movies/shows and make the zombies walk.....just make a lot of them with limited ammo....that would be the game I play all the time.
03-28-2013, 07:39 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2013 07:39 PM by Anim8r.)
To bring this thread back to life... LIKE A ZOMBIE... (see what I did there) Here is a really impressive video from this past weekend at PAX East. I'm REALLY looking forward to this!

03-28-2013, 09:13 PM
Re: State of Decay (Xbox/PC)
I got to demo the game at PAX east when I went. I only got 10 minutes but it was a lot of fun. They haven't even started "class 4" (their MMO game) yet because they need to see how SoD does first. The game plays pretty smooth for the most part, the only thing I think you'd really notice that is kinda weird is it feels like you're running on ice in the game..like you can slightly drift with your character haha but its not too noticeable. They're currently in pre-certification right now so I'd be hoping for a summer release date if not a little sooner, either way you've still got at least a couple months for this one. I really did gain a lot of knowledge of the game at PAX so any other questions let em ride and I'll answer to the best of my ability

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
03-29-2013, 12:48 AM
game looks like alot of fun, can't wait to play

Eating brains and taking names.
06-05-2013, 02:14 PM
Just want to bump this up so all are aware.

State of Decay, according to their website, goes live on XBLA today! $20 for direct download

[Image: poster-480x611.jpg]

Looks very promising. I'm going out to buy my xbox points after work!
06-05-2013, 09:09 PM
I watched a play through from theRadBrad on YouTube it looks like a good concept however the game play does not seem smooth and/or realistic in any way. You hammer a window and boards just appear or you can swing into a pit of zombies with no fear of hitting your friends also trying to fight. I'm going to skip its just not a good enough production quality for an investment of money...the gameplay I saw suggested the game should be free.
06-06-2013, 10:14 AM
I agree with Aldersust. I just downloaded the trailer on xbox and what I saw looked interesting...untill after one minute you saw more gameplay footage of the action. Very very bad animations. Going to wait this one out untill some reviews showed up and the hype died down.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user