Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Thoughts on soB
11-20-2013, 05:23 AM
RE: Thoughts on soB
Actually, I think we'll get a female Drifter, and I'll be a bit disappointed if we don't. From update 18:

"With this new Hero Class, many of the ‘secrets’ of Cartwright will be answered and you will have the opportunity to create your very own Drifter to wander the deadly deserts of Brimstone; a savior to some, a harbinger of doom to others… with death his only friend."

So it sounds like we may finally found out what Cartwright's deal is... and, separately, we'll be making our own Drifters. So, yeah, there can be female Drifters, too.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-2013, 12:31 PM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2013 12:34 PM by Old Dwarf.)
Well a Terralisk for the Blasted Waste Add-on, FFP is promising more stuff these last few days & I can't wait.
Some feel our Terralisk is rather close to the Burrower fig but I'm ok with it; the Scarlet Hand is again mentioned
so I'm waiting for them to show up.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
11-20-2013, 05:18 PM
We still might get some some large creatures for the Blasted Wastes, so I'm hoping for something predatory that uses a 'pack hunt' mentality - I'd really like to see some kind of enemy mechanic that is specifically used for making groups of enemies work together. My guess is we'll probably get some variation on the Scavengers if the Wastes are expanded any further during the campaign.

Writer, Gamer, Professional Geek

Odie Bracy - Fiction Blog

Full Color Gamer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-20-2013, 05:33 PM
I also noticed in reading Jason's comments from last night, he seemed to hint that something aquatic might be coming. The Deep Ones idea has been very popular in comments... I wonder if that's coming!

A Deep Ones Mission pack would be awesome; so would a Crimson Hand Mission Pack.
11-20-2013, 06:23 PM
(11-20-2013 05:23 AM)gavindowning Wrote:  Actually, I think we'll get a female Drifter, and I'll be a bit disappointed if we don't. From update 18:

"With this new Hero Class, many of the ‘secrets’ of Cartwright will be answered and you will have the opportunity to create your very own Drifter to wander the deadly deserts of Brimstone; a savior to some, a harbinger of doom to others… with death his only friend."

So it sounds like we may finally found out what Cartwright's deal is... and, separately, we'll be making our own Drifters. So, yeah, there can be female Drifters, too.

Making our own Drifter opens the door for a female version, and they probably will make one for the male/female completeness they've been doing for all of the other figures, but I guess the real determining factor on that is whether the "One Cartwright" theory is correct or not - if it is, it would make it hard to explain a female version Drifter.

I'll be disappointed if the "One Cartwright" theory isn't correct.

Full Color Gamer
11-20-2013, 06:28 PM
I think there's only one Cartwright. But I think there are potentially a few Drifters.
11-20-2013, 06:42 PM
(11-20-2013 06:28 PM)gavindowning Wrote:  I think there's only one Cartwright. But I think there are potentially a few Drifters.

Okay, I feel you on that. That could be interesting...

Full Color Gamer
11-21-2013, 07:31 AM
Confirmed by MB from FFP this afternoon that there will be a female Drifter as a stretch goal, so yeah, I'll be really interested in what they're doing with the Drifter mythology across their games.

Full Color Gamer
11-21-2013, 07:52 AM
And there's something else that's just been added with a connection to their other games...

The Order of the Crimson Hand now is in the add-ons as a Mission Pack.
11-21-2013, 11:17 AM
god-my wife WAKES ME up at 4:30AM to tell me SHE can't sleep & needs a cup of tea (yes dear, right away-after decades of
marriage you just do it) any way I'm up & checking KS(after delivering the tea of course) & as GD states Crimson Hand +
more cards for the Burning Waste & a good chance we hit 1M today.

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again: