Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombieland's Last Night on Earth
02-24-2010, 12:16 AM
RE: Zombieland's Last Night on Earth
OrangeCat X Wrote:Tallahassee may be a scootch overpowered. But, I don't think he is patient enough to sit in one spot and weapon up everybody. (Finding and handing out weapons.)

Scarily enough, that would be wasting 4 turns of zombie genocide.

After changing the "kill zombie" to a "wound zombie" I honestly don't think he is that over powered. Like you said, I don't see people wasting 4 turns just for Tallahassee to give them weapons. In this case at least it is just the first weapon and not something like "Weapon of Choice from the Discard" or "The Revolver" like the Sheriff has. Not to mention you just have to go with the flow of the movie. He was the Zombie Ass kicker, he needs to be a little tougher.

All the Final Characters are here, including Hunk.
[Image: normal_Columbus_Final!.jpg]

[Image: normal_Tallahassee_Final!.jpg]

[Image: normal_Wichita_Final!.jpg]

[Image: normal_Little_Rock_Final!.jpg]

[Image: normal_Agent_HUNK_Final!.jpg]

Check out my gallery for the larger versions, I just posted the little ones so that it doesn't make the post giant.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2010, 02:36 AM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2010 02:37 AM by Sylis.)
First Game playing through with them. They did great! Tallahassee actually didn't kill a lot of Zombies. Infact... 15 rounds and only 4 zombies were killed the entire game, though 2 heroes were killed.

I think a great success!
05-09-2010, 06:51 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2010 07:24 PM by thefuryinside.)
I love those new cards! Zombieland characters are a must for Last Night on Earth.

I though I might add a few ideas for Tallahasee.

AND BUSINESS IS GOOD! -
Starts the game with a backpack and 2 ammo tokens.
Two handed weapons are treated as single handed weapons.
I WANT MY CADDY BACK! -
May take a wound instead of discarding any weapon for any reason.
DON'T BE A HERO -
Starts the game with the "Overconfidence" card. This card cannot be discarded.

I think the backpack is reminiscent of Talahasee's constant supply of weapons throughout the movie. It seems he's never without a big duffle bag full of guns. In the movie, we see Talahasee holding two chainsaws. Obviously he is strong enough to be effective holding a two handed weapon in one hand. But how the game is set up, he won't be able to use both of weapons at the same time without duct tape anyway. Essentially, it will usually just allow him to carry more stuff.

Overconfidence is a must if you ask me. The card states something like he cannot leave a space with a Zombie on it without killing it first. Talahasee definitely has overconfidence in the movie and is more likely to want to kill a Zombie before moving on. He also tends to be a hero and will draw all Zombies to him so that the other characters may run away.

That said, Talahasee is probably going to be an efficient Zombie killer especially once he gets some weapons. But with overconfidence, he will not be able to move around the board as quickly. He is much more likely to be bitten and taken out of the game. You'd be smart to keep Talahasee away from Zombies and try to use guns as much as possible. A Tallahasee player is going to be spending more time searching for weapons than anything. Tallahasee's only strength lies in his effective use of weapons; other than that, he has no special ability to save him from Zombie swarms. Without them, he's only human. If I were the Zombie player, I would try to keep Tallahasee moving so he could never search.

And as a side note: I like this idea but not as much as the above ones:

TWINKIES -
When in the General Store or Diner, may give up search/movement turn to heal one wound.

Are any of these ideas any good??
07-10-2010, 04:02 PM
Great work with these! After reading this thread my buddy and I realized that you left out one pivotal character and I was inspired. Thus we present for your consideration:

[Image: BillMurrayZombieland-2.jpg]
07-25-2010, 06:53 PM
Eljinar Wrote:Great work with these! After reading this thread my buddy and I realized that you left out one pivotal character and I was inspired. Thus we present for your consideration:

[Image: BillMurrayZombieland-2.jpg]

Great! Where is the Manor House on the board?

Also, another idea for a quote would have been and sorry if I screw it up.

"Is this how you greet everybody?"
12-09-2010, 07:40 AM
(02-13-2010 01:07 PM)Patient Zero Wrote:  I really think the 'When in doubt, know your way out' and 'doubletap' powers were especially good ideas.

Agreed
10-17-2012, 03:26 AM
I happen to find this thread randomly. I've made some slight changed to the Zombieland characters. I'll post them when I can.

Great to be back!