Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Use of Expansions
03-09-2011, 08:26 PM
Use of Expansions
So I haven't gotten to play all that often, and when I do it's usually with folk who've only played once or twice. I was wondering, for those who've had LNOE for a while and have a regular group going, do you usually use all the expansions (Grave Dead, Barricades, Survival Decks/Grave Weapons, Advanced Abilities, etc) or just what's noted on the Scenario Cards?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2011, 08:34 PM
RE: Use of Expansions
I'm still sort of new to the one expansion that I have, SoTF, so sometimes we add rules via the dots system just for the excuse to use them. I will say that I pretty much avoid the Grave Weapons unless the scenario specifically calls for them. I've decided they are too annoying to keep track of. Every time you get in a fight you have to figure out all kinds of variables that effect the dice rolls and so forth. I like the barricades, but I have a feeling they are kind of annoying in certain scenarios.
03-09-2011, 08:40 PM
we leave all the cards in and use grave weapons and the survival decks, but only use barricades when they are called for.

Can't save the world??... then prepare for its end.
03-09-2011, 09:43 PM
(03-09-2011 08:40 PM)JMun233 Wrote:  we leave all the cards in and use grave weapons and the survival decks, but only use barricades when they are called for.

Yeah, we only use the barricades when they draw the card for them or if the senario calls fot them
03-09-2011, 10:27 PM
We use Growing Hunger as that seems more than just an expansion to us, its a must have. The other stuff we tend to drop in every now and again.
03-09-2011, 11:00 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2011 11:01 PM by mqstout.)
We play with GH and HP1 100% of the time. We play with the SotF decks (unique/survival/grave weapons) about 50% of the time. We rarely use barricades. We always use all of the hero/zombie cards, though. (If one comes up that refers to the decks we don't use, it's "discard and redraw".) We've only used advanced abilities a couple of times, but they'll probably be in the same 50% boat.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-09-2011, 11:10 PM
Just what's noted on the Scenario Cards unless it's from the base game than we add Survival Decks and Grave Weapons.
03-10-2011, 02:56 AM
We use GH all thie time since we got it. We add elements from it into the older scenarios using the dot system almost all of the time. The new L-boards and cards are always in the regular rotation. We even put the statue in the town square if we can, usually.
03-10-2011, 03:16 AM
We have a MASSIVE hero and zombie deck used in every game, as it has every expansion in it -- we don't filter any of them out. We also use the grave weapons and unique items/survival decks, as well as the recent character-ability cards, pretty much every time, too, unless it's with brand-new players (and even then, we leave it up to them). The characters from each expansion are also in rotation, as are the boards from Growing Hunger.

The dots rules are generally only used if it's part of a particular scenario.
03-10-2011, 03:26 AM
This is a good point Robot

The group I have a game with have been playing since I bought it and have been involved as I steadily added the expansions. For a group of new players. I would probably just use the Advanced game and GH as I think it's not too hard to grasp once you start playing.

One point I would add is that now I have every expansion (and I mean EVERY) there's like tonnes of cards. Those damn heroes are never gonna run out of them. I used to strip down the deck to 60 hero cards (leaving in the original scenario seach items) but stopped this for two reasons.
1) I got fed up of sorting through the cards and shuffling.
2) Because the zombies used all their cards it would probably be unbalanced?

So now I just use all the hero cards knowing the 'Zombie win on taking the last hero card condition' is never going to happen. What do you guys do?