Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WHOLE NEW set PAINTED 4 LNOE 9/16/11 wedding ZOMBIES
03-01-2011, 10:05 AM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2011 05:36 AM by phantomninja.)
WHOLE NEW set PAINTED 4 LNOE 9/16/11 wedding ZOMBIES
So I decided to paint my heroes up after playing thru numerous games and having my friends get confused as in to who is who...here was the outcome.
I have a tiny dog mini used for Ol Betsy.
I sold the Heroes/zombies to make way for some more detailed pewter models. So far I think this are pretty damn good too. Ill post my updated pics ASAP.
Just posting the zombies I did as well..
and as a bonus I worked on some tokens, the BOOK and SKULL

the skull token before I painted the base.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2011, 11:19 AM
RE: WHOLE SET painted for LNOE
I'm a big fan of any sort of '3-D' tokens for the game.
Nice Betsy, Skull, and Book...

And that Truck is SA-weet!!!

Just say NO to 'house rules'.
03-01-2011, 11:39 AM
Indeed. Hehe.

I think the chips are my favorite. Everything is really cool, but I haven't seen this done before. Nice execution.
03-01-2011, 12:20 PM
Thanks guys, I also painted some gas cans as well. For better result I removed them from the base, that seemed alot more natural. Oh and I found a pic of my new Billy Model.

03-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Like the minis and the 3D counters.

Where did you get your new Billy from because that is clearly Columbus from Zombieland, when he first meets Tallahassee on the freeway?
03-01-2011, 12:52 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2011 12:57 PM by phantomninja.)
Yeah, that is right on the money! He is from the Chronoscope line of miniatures from Reaper Mini's. These are really inexpensive for the detail. I believe I paid around 3.50 for this one. I am use to shelling out 10 to 15 bucks a mini (damn W40k!) I forgot his name but to avoid any legal damages he goes by a different name
Oh and here is the mini that I use for Sally. Her story is that after running around for 30+ days she figured that a skirt in the zombie apocalypse is too risque with all the running, climbing and what not. So she switched to some khaki's, kept her jacket and even slapped a First-aid kit to her belt (its on her right hip ) . I also have Father Joseph finished and Jenny.

03-01-2011, 01:22 PM
I have envy.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-01-2011, 01:53 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2011 02:08 PM by samuraitrev.)
Good work Phantom!
I loved what you've done with the 3D counters and the truck. My favorite has to be the guy coming out of the bio-canister. You've obviously had fun and used your imagination.

You're right people do get confused about the unpainted models. Another excuse for those wavering between painting them or not to get stuck in! It's not difficult to get decent looking results with a bit of practice.

+1 rep from me sir!
03-01-2011, 03:06 PM
nice job I love the truck.
03-01-2011, 04:00 PM
(03-01-2011 12:52 PM)phantomninja Wrote:  Oh and here is the mini that I use for Sally. Her story is that after running around for 30+ days she figured that a skirt in the zombie apocalypse is too risque with all the running, climbing and what not. So she switched to some khaki's, kept her jacket and even slapped a First-aid kit to her belt (its on her right hip ) .

I love it!

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user