Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WHY??????
05-05-2010, 05:53 PM
WHY??????
Why is shipping so expensive at Flying Frog web store?
It is crazy out of line.Insane19
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2010, 07:58 PM
RE: WHY??????
Yeah, I tend to agree.

Zalgo....he comes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-05-2010, 08:54 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2010 08:54 PM by mqstout.)
I've always wondered myself, too. Insane19

However, there are a handful of stories of them refunding a decent amount of the shipping costs because the store doesn't combine items right.
05-05-2010, 09:37 PM
LivEvil Wrote:Why is shipping so expensive at Flying Frog web store?
It is crazy out of line.Insane19

Shipping is usually about actual shipping costs, unfortunately the store doesn't always calculate shipping correctly, especially, for some reason, when combining items with brighter boards. This does not seem to affect International shipments, however, they're just really expensive to ship something heavy halfway across the world. If you feel you are being overcharged for your order, you can A) Make the order anyway and we will refund you via Paypal or credit card for any shipping overage you were charged, or B) Contact Chris at admin@flyingfrog.net and he can do a manual order for you with the proper shipping amount.
01-26-2011, 02:43 AM
Just ordered a few things, and first class mail with actual shipping costs was not an option. And was also wondering, WHY? So, this thread helps, thanks.

I also found the website was really out of date.

Couple of thoughts, the problem is real, this issue is prolonged. You have a great product, fix the shipping and the web site. Update the web site too. Be a professional company.

I still like you guys, just fix it.

Bryan
01-26-2011, 02:53 AM
It's all printed in China I believe. They have to cover those costs when shipping it too I'd imagine.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
01-26-2011, 05:08 AM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2011 05:45 AM by fourltrman.)
I want to order these four things from the FF Website and here is the subtotal and add another $45.55 to this total for shipping.

FFP0104 Last Night On Earth: Survival of the Fittest Expansion $24.95 $24.95
1 FFP0106 Last Night On Earth: Zombies With Grave Weapons Miniature Set $24.95 $24.95
1 FFP0103US Growing Hunger Expansion US CUSTOMERS $39.95 $39.95
1 FFP0105 Last Night On Earth: Hero Pack One Expansion $24.95 $24.95

Sub-Total
$114.80

Now if I order the same 4 products from Amazon I only pay $99.31 with NO shipping. That is a difference of $61.04 for either 4 or 8 alternate image promo cards, depending on whether I'm reading the store info correctly or not. ('Last Night on Earth: Survival of the Fittest Expansion'. Any purchase of one or more of the following: Survival of the Fittest, LNOE: Hero Pack 1, and Zombies With Grave Weapons will include two alternate-image promo cards.) So does this mean if I order all 3 I'll get 6 or just 2 Promo Cards?

Makes it very hard to order directly from them with this kind of added cost to the order. I mean with the cost savings if I wanted to go ahead and spend the extra 61.04 I could pick up A Touch Of Evil and the 1st expansion, again from amazon with no shipping cost, for an another $12.00 I REALLY would like those extra promo cards but I can't see spending that much extra to get just a couple of cards.

Geesh and I just found another interesting tidbit from looking at the webstore. The first expansion for ATOE "Something Wicked" is listed for $39.95 on the webstore and the Hero Pack 1 for another $20.00. BUT if you buy both in a combo deal they are charging $64.90. I may be crazy but the math I learned says that's it's cheaper to buy them separately. Why in the world would you do this to your customers? I mean they are buying 2 items from you at once, Usually when a company offers this type of deal there is a slight discount for doing so. This is the first friggin time I've ever seen a company gouge a customer for buying a combo deal like this. It's insane!!! They are either greedy or incompetent. Either way I am going to have to SERIOUSLY reconsider buying from this company again. I mean I JUST bought LNOE this past weekend from a local gaming store and after reading the rules and a bunch of stuff on the internet I was all ready to spend another $100.00+ on more items to supplement it, and now I find out the people that are running FF Games must be either greedy beyond belief and think the rest of us are stupid as hell, or they have a lobotomized monkey running the marketing department there. I'd like to hear from the company here on this board about these two issues.
01-26-2011, 05:16 AM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2011 05:25 AM by xraine69.)
Check Miniaturemarket.com for the core products.For wht you want 74.63+10 shipping, unless you add something else. Free shipping over 75. Then order the web exclusives from FFP, most ships First Class.

I get most of my games through Miniaturemarket, or if they are out, coolstuffinc. Then any exclusives I order direct from the companies.
01-26-2011, 05:46 AM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2011 05:50 AM by fourltrman.)
Thanks a bunch Xraine69 for the helpfull info.
Well it turns out you do get something for the extra $5.00. One extra promo card. So if that ONE extra card is worth 5 dollars to you by all means go ahead and order it. Me I still say they're wacko.
01-26-2011, 05:55 AM
You are welcome. Nothing against FFG, it's just that I am a single father raising my son by myself and work at a convenient store, so I have to shop for the best deals.