Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Walking Dead
09-17-2011, 12:54 AM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2011 06:40 PM by Pred.)
Walking Dead
WALKING DEAD

STORY

The Walking Dead is centered on Rick Grimes, a small-town police officer from Cynthiana, Kentucky, his family, and a number of other survivors who have banded together in order to survive after the world is overrun by zombies, society collapses, and humans are forced to live in groups or by themselves and survive on their own.
In the beginning of the series, Rick and partner Shane are caught in a gunfight against an escaped convict from a nearby jail. Rick is shot down and rendered comatose. Upon waking in a hospital, he discovers the undead are in the building and all over town. Rick needs to go Home and find out what happened to his Family.
This is where our Story Begins...

SCENARIO 18 Turns
Hero - (4 starting Card, Survival Decks)
Zombies - (Grave Weapons)
- Rick (sheriff anderson) needs to search his home, and other buildings around town to find where his Wife and Son have gone
- Once he discovers his Family has probably went to Atlanta to join the others in a safe refuge, game is won when Rick escapes through the Road Out of Town, the other Heroes may join but Rick is the only one of Importance
- Zombies win if Rick (Sheriff Anderson) is killed or if Heroes do not acheive goals before the Suntracker runs down to 0

RULES:

Heroes must land on the number counters to reveal the number. Heroes then role a D-6. If the dice roll is HIGHER than the revealed number, a Zombie Heroe is found. If the dice roll is LOWER than the revealed number, a new random Hero has been found and starts with a free Hero Card in the space found. If you roll the same Number as the revealed Number Counter you have found the Clue that your family has probably taken refuge in Atlanta at a military safe Zone and you may now leave through The Road Out of Town. If you search through 5 buildings without finding this clue, the 6th number revealed automaticaly gives you this clue. You may choose to flip these during your move (move through the square and roll to see if its a zombie, hero, or clue and continue your move)

Rick starts the game in the Morgue section on the Hospital with items detailed below Pic 3

Zombies only spawn through the Pits shown on the picture. To clarify the Morgue, Barn, and Plant Pits are not to be used this game.

If you do not have Baricades find items around the house to Barricade the 2 sections in picture 4. Heroes may not move through these

ZOMBIES

Pre Game:

- Place Number Counters face down in any order on the places shown in Picture 2

In Game:

- If a Zombie Hero is rolled from the Number Counter, pick a Random Hero for your Zombie Hero
- Zombies may use the Truck and Tractor Spawn Pits as 1 large space to move across map more easily
- Zombie Aggression (Heroes do not include Zombie Heroes)
1 Hero on Board - Zombies Play as normal
2 Heroes on Board - Zombies Roll 2 Fight Dice
3 Heroes on Board - Zombies Roll 2 Fight Dice and have 2 Movement
4 Heroes on Board - Zombies Roll 3 Fight Dice and have 2 Movement
5 Heroes on Board - Zombies Roll 3 Fight Dice and have 3 Movement
6 Heroes on Board - Zombies Roll 4 Fight Dice and have 3 Movement

HEROES

Pre Game:

Special Ability's for Rick (Sheriff Anderson)

- Starts with Revolver that he may NEVER loose (not even by a zombie card)(or run out of ammo) does not count as a 4 Item slot
- Starts with Johnny's Jacket (If you do not have Survival Decks, Rick (Sheriff Anderson) has 4 Health)does not count as a 4 Item Slot
- Starts with Fire Axe he found in Hospital, this item does count as a 4 Item slot
- Resilient! may, give up a move action to Heal one wound

In Game:

- Rick (Sheriff Anderson) gets a free search when moving into a building
- When searching, may search through any of the Survival Decks
- Buildings Special Pick Ups apply to every building
- Heroes may not Move or Shoot through the Tractor and Truck Spawning Pits, unless they are shooting a Zombie in that square.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

~If we are being chased by Zombies, I'm tripping you!!!Zombie13
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-17-2011, 04:59 AM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2011 05:17 AM by Pred.)
RE: Walking Dead
Wife and I just played this Game twice. The first game we had Auto Spawn and she killed me while uncovering the Number Counter in the first building. Auto Spawn and Grave Weapons was just way to powerful for One Hero so we started a second game and took out Auto Spawn.
Second Game I LUCKILY started the game with a Rifle, Shotgun, Keys and Something crappy. I made it through 3 Counters before she killed me. She ended up getting 3 Zombie Heroes that gave her a good advantage. I never really had a chance to give up a move action to Heal or to search. My Rifle and Shotgun came in handy but I lost them. We talked it over at the end of the game and thought Zombies still had a decent edge over Heroes. We gave extra ability to Rick for free searches when he enters a building. Gave him a Fire Axe at the beginning of game. We also talked about if you would haft to stop your movement when flipping a Counter if a Zombie Hero was Spawned, but with only one character, it would be unfair to haft to stop your movement, fight, and fight again on the Zombie turn before being able to move away. So I added that in the rules section as well.

We are done for the night but we will give another test go tomorrow during football. If anyone gets a chance to play this, the only Expansion I used for this is Survival of the Fittest but can easily be played with out it. I hope some of you give this a go, because even though I lost the first two test games it was fun, and I can take any Input you guys give to tweak some rules.

09-18-2011, 02:47 PM
So, you start the game with just Rick? And can hope to have others join? This sounds more like a 1 on 1 scenario?

Heroes get remembered. Legends never die.
09-18-2011, 04:31 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2011 06:41 PM by Pred.)
yeah Just 1 Hero Player Vs. 1 Zombie Player. I almost beat my wife yesterday as Rick, I ended up uncovering the clue in my first building and on my way to the finish she had a zombie blocking my way and had some movement cards and caught me. I was so close too! She loves this scenario playing as Zombies, I like to be the lone Hero.

Its really a fun scenario and goes by pretty fast considering you don't have so many things to do as the Hero, unless your lucky enough to get extras (or unlucky enough, because the more heroes that join the more aggressive Zombies get). Usually a 30-45 minute game.

09-18-2011, 05:53 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2011 05:55 PM by Orguss.)
Okay, now it makes sense. I'd recommend reducing 'heroes' to the hero player to keep it less confusing. I kept reading heroes as a 4 player game.

I like it a lot. I may try to get my woman to hop on this. She loves LNoE but hates the lull, check. She loves Walking Dead, check.

Also, I know it's the tractor, but in the picture it actually looks like the tank in episode 2, hahaha

09-22-2011, 08:33 PM
Has any one else gave this a go yet? My wife seems to really enjoy it, I just wanted to get some feedback on it. (tweak if need be)

I know it may be hard to get games in at times, just didn't want it to be forgotten and not get any feedback.

09-24-2011, 04:35 PM
Welcome to being a designer. Take a look at my 30 things that I don't think most people tried ;p

No, I haven't tried it yet

09-26-2011, 01:57 PM
Hi Pred. I keep pitching your idea, but no bites Insane19

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
09-26-2011, 03:42 PM
What like asking people if they wanna play it?
Its hard isn't it.
Every time i ask some one to play a custom scenario they are usually
sketchy about it. This one has been my most positive with players
because its pretty balanced and its a quick game. (but that's just
from my Wife and friend, only people I know who play)

remember its really a scenario for 2 people and usually last about 30 minutes (witch is pretty quick since they usually last 1 1/2 ta 2 hours)

*Tip*
If you play heroes or Hero* and through out uncovering the number counters,
you unveil new heroes, remember that that brings on zombie aggression, so use
that Hero to force Zombies (with zombie hunger) toward that hero as a distraction
away from Rick and it doesn't matter if they die because Rick is the only one that
needs to survive, and it keeps the aggression of the zombies down.

09-26-2011, 03:55 PM
Hi Pred. I play a bunch with this one guy. For him, only having one Hero, seems to risky. ( i even told him I wouldnt attack him for the first couple of turns ) Watchmen01

Normally at my game club, its harder to find a solo player.

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05