Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
We should have a 'Custom hero"competition
02-16-2011, 06:14 PM
RE: We should have a 'Custom hero"competition
This competition sounds great! I would love to be a part of it.

[img]http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/044/a/b/ab57ead96545f9f083422696827cf192-d39i2v4.png[/img]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2011, 08:58 PM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2011 08:59 PM by cmo123.)
(02-16-2011 01:22 AM)Russ Wrote:  So you're the one who posted all the Buffy/Angel stuff. Pretty cool!

it was fun making them, and still have some ideas for scenarios, but ran out of time, as moved over to dr who stroy telling game (just finished the second season, but still have 6 episode to write up)

Anyway, here are the buffy ones
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/3287...ydale-gang

and the charmed ones:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/390257/charmed

Also, as i have just found the gimp thread here, may go back and redo them
02-17-2011, 09:55 AM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2011 09:55 AM by Russ.)
Wow, you really did A LOT of Buffyverse characters. Awesome! I'm definitely bookmarking that page! I do have a couple of critiques though, if I may. Firstly, some of the language is a little weird. You keep using the word "attach." It took me a little while before I figured out that you just mean a hero character taking an item. My other critique is more of a thematic one. You gave Vampire Willow the TCBOLNOE rule, stating that she can't be a victim of This Could Be Our Last Night On Earth unless she is sharing the space with a female hero. Vampire Willow definitely swings both ways, (she and Vampire Xander are lovers!) So I think the she should be vulnerable to that card no matter WHO she's sharing the space with.
Oh yeah...and I'm all about a custom hero competition!
02-17-2011, 02:32 PM
Attach is usually a word from other games...

Heroes get remembered. Legends never die.
02-17-2011, 06:21 PM
What, like AToE?
02-17-2011, 10:09 PM
(02-17-2011 09:55 AM)Russ Wrote:  Wow, you really did A LOT of Buffyverse characters. Awesome! I'm definitely bookmarking that page! I do have a couple of critiques though, if I may. Firstly, some of the language is a little weird. You keep using the word "attach." It took me a little while before I figured out that you just mean a hero character taking an item. My other critique is more of a thematic one. You gave Vampire Willow the TCBOLNOE rule, stating that she can't be a victim of This Could Be Our Last Night On Earth unless she is sharing the space with a female hero. Vampire Willow definitely swings both ways, (she and Vampire Xander are lovers!) So I think the she should be vulnerable to that card no matter WHO she's sharing the space with.
Oh yeah...and I'm all about a custom hero competition!

thanks.

attach is a carry over from my time working on both buffy ccg and hex dcg dreamcards, where text space can be constrained. it is just shorthand for attach to this character.

i based the vamp willow from the Doppelgangland episode, where the romance is all willow/vamp willow.
02-26-2011, 02:48 AM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2011 02:55 AM by D153453D.)
Well, if there is ever one. My entry, with a certain someone's permission, would be:

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
02-26-2011, 08:30 AM
(02-26-2011 02:48 AM)D153453D Wrote:  Well, if there is ever one. My entry, with a certain someone's permission, would be:

OMFG! I'm a Hero? (It actually took me a few to find that photo you used... LOL been that long since I even looked at my gallery... LOL) That is so cool... except the pic... can't see my hair! I'll take a better pic just for it later... Zombie03

Black Zone? Haven't gotten to that yet... What is that from? If it's official I have it, just ain't read that set's stuff yet apparently.

As for permission... sure, no problem. I don't mind at all. Watchmen02
02-26-2011, 09:12 AM
(02-26-2011 08:30 AM)Gothicincarnation Wrote:  Black Zone? Haven't gotten to that yet... What is that from?

It's from a game called The Last Night On Earth. It's a zombie game.
02-26-2011, 09:16 AM
(02-26-2011 08:30 AM)Gothicincarnation Wrote:  Black Zone? Haven't gotten to that yet... What is that from? If it's official I have it, just ain't read that set's stuff yet apparently.

If I'm right, the Black Zone is the section of the Sun Track that's blackened out where if a hero dies during that period, he automatically becomes a zombie hero.

[img]http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/044/a/b/ab57ead96545f9f083422696827cf192-d39i2v4.png[/img]