Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What does your screen name (and/or Avatar) mean?
07-13-2012, 09:53 PM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2012 09:54 PM by StayPuft.)
What does your screen name (and/or Avatar) mean?
So, in a way to get to know each other a little better, I thought it would be fun to start a thread about what your screen name means. Heck, let's throw in your avatar as well. What does it mean, or what is it? Some screen names and avatars may be obvious, same may not. Come share the story as to why you chose the name and/or picture you did.

Mine is kind of obvious. I am a HUGE Ghostbusters fan. A fanatic may be the better term. Being a huge Ghostbusters fan, I'm also quite fond of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. I even have a really awesome, hand made Stay Puft costume that I found on eBay. I didn't make it. I wish I had that kind of talent.

As for my avatar, that is a picture of a zombie version of Stay Puft that I believe if I recall I found on DeviantArt. When I joined here, I thought it would be funny to have my avatar be a zombie Stay Puft to go along with my name, as well as the main theme of these boards. LOL!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-13-2012, 11:30 PM
RE: What does your screen name (and/or Avatar) mean?
Well When I finally went PC in 2000(Hey I learned to write
with pen & inkwells) GW was just setting up its Forum
(long since taken down)& they required a user name.

I thought Mega Stud was a bit much so I tried for
something that would go with WH,so I came up with
Old Dwarf as it was kind of GWish.I just kept in all
the Forums I've joined since.

As for Avatar the Pumpkinman is only use on TZG
in other Boards I use my drinking Dwarf one.I used it
here until I bugged Sarku about getting some Zombie
type Smilies & when he complied I decided to find
something a little more in the spirit of TZG for my

It was near Halloween & I found the Pumpkinman
& just kept him.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
07-14-2012, 08:03 AM
I am Danish, and pretty big, and round about the time the email was getting popular, my firends used to joke about me being a viking. When I made my first email address, it was vikinglad, and I have been using it for years since. I should probably change it to vikingdad at somepoint here.

My avitar is a Garbage Pail Kid named Dead Ted. I collect toys and stuff, and still have all of my old original GPKs from when I was in grade school in sleeves in a binder. I chose the zombie GPK because I was always intrigued by him, and he matches the theme of the site nicely. Zombie17

Sweet thread idea. Watchmen02
07-14-2012, 08:52 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2012 08:53 AM by samuraitrev.)
My avatar is me one night on the end of October. I chose the name samuraitrev because I wanted to choose something to reflect my martial background. I've trained in karate for 14 years and I've teached it for a few years too. I've also dabbled with Jujitsu for three years and have tried Judo, Ninjitsu, Kubudo and Kung Fu. I still train 3-4 times a week and I 'm working towards my 3rd Dan black belt. If you're interested in this kind of thing the website for our club http://www.tibshelfyamaji.co.uk
07-14-2012, 09:26 PM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2012 09:30 PM by Mater Tenebraum.)
My screen name is from a book by L Sprague de Camp
which I can't remember the Title just now.It's our Lady
of Darkness.

The Avatar was a long search I wanted something
appropiate for TZG ,rather a Mistress of the Night
without ripping off Elvira.

So ripped off some guy's on a French Forum.

M

This night...I feel your breath
This night...I hear your voice!!
When you walk my dark path, love like a bloodbath
07-15-2012, 06:14 AM
In my sophomore year of Highschool I received the nickname "Waffle" from a homecoming date. (Still good friends with her). So I normally go by Waffle around many of my friends. ZombieWaffle just seemed to fit this site's theme a little better.

Take that, you mealy-mouthed bastards!
07-15-2012, 08:41 AM
I was joining a horror movie forum around 13 years ago (oddly enough I now own the place) and was thinking about what username I should have. My little sister had friends round and one of them took one look at my horror movie collection and christened me "sickboy".

My avatar is a manipulated photograph I took of my niece, just cos it looks cool.
07-15-2012, 09:11 AM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2012 09:15 AM by jimbal.)
no avatar, never really found something I like that I havent seen everywhere else. But my username is simple enough.
My first name is Jim, I had a buddy in jr. high who thought jim harbaugh the football players name was hysterical to say for some reason.
He started calling me Jim Baugh, then Jim Bar, and eventually it evolved into Jim Bal with the Bal pronounced as if there was still 2 L's. It stuck for some reason and now even my parents call me Jim Bal. I will have to come up with an avatar soon because my posts look naked without one.

edit: That should do for now, that is a pic my wife caught of one of our ferrets when it freaked out about something. It is quite hilarious I think.
07-15-2012, 02:20 PM
Old Dwarf came up with my name and it's stuck. I had no idea what to call myself and Admin was pretty boring.
Check out the thread with Old Dwarf's brilliance shining...

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-15-2012, 03:47 PM
Staypuft,

This was a good idea for a thread. It's interesting to read how people came up with their TZG identity!

I joined a police force in 1999 and started using goodcop2000 as the first part of my e-mail and to make things easy to remember I reuse it as my username in several different places including here.

My avatar is a shot of me dressed up for a Halloween party as "Lt. Dangle" from the Reno 911 series. I thought it was appropriate to the username...

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War