Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where to start LNOE...
01-27-2013, 03:06 PM
Where to start LNOE...
Hello folks from this fantastic forum, i want to play LNOE now that i read a lot about it, i can't wait to buy something and play...but...yeah there's alaways a F...But....should i just buy Timber Peak and hope further expansion will come with thius stand alone as a new base game, or can i simply go with LNOE, Growing hunger...do you think there will be a lot of expansion based on TP making LNOE and first extension a bit useless even if compatible...i have the opportunity to exchange my x-wing miniature game vs the LNOE complete boxed collection and i would be more than happy to get the whole package, but maybe i can only grab a new Timber Peak box and wait for expansion to come...difficult choice, really. In my opinion, TP is really great if you have nothing else...but maybe i'm wrong...i also think og getting everything, then reselling LNOE and buying TP...what do you think ?
Btw i know i should test the game first...and i will...in about 30mn with a friend couple... :-) but i already love the mechanics and material...and the fact that it is possible to create scenarios...
Laurent from Paris(France)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2013, 03:52 PM
RE: Where to start LNOE...
Greetings Lorenzo
I own everything for LNoE and Timber Peak. I say go with the original base game especially when just starting out. Then start adding to that.
01-27-2013, 04:40 PM
I second what Samuraitrev says. The base games is a great way to start..... Plenty of playable games and you'll soon be wanting to buy expansions and then who knows where it'll take you. Have fun, you'll love it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-27-2013, 04:59 PM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2013 04:59 PM by alderdust.)
LNOE first is what I think too it seems to have more characters and is a little more basic and has some fun scenarios
01-27-2013, 06:59 PM
LNoE base + Growing Hunger is where its at..then Survival of the Fittest!

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
01-27-2013, 11:26 PM
Hello, thank you for theses answers...so nobody think it's a good thing to have Timber Peak as a first box and then LNOE expansions ?
01-27-2013, 11:37 PM
Timber Peak's fine to start with if you have difficulties getting the original box. However, I consider the original box better to start with of both are equally easy to get.
01-28-2013, 12:07 AM
Alright, i'll will go on the base LNOE then :-)...well if at least i can make the exchange and if i can wait till then.. :-)
Bw i've played my first LNOE scenario today, it was really great. We played the Truck scenario, i played the zombie, but with bad luck for respawn and a great luck for the heroes with folks and gun, it was hard to be a great menace. But what is cool, is even if i loose the game, i enjoyed it, i was hoping for cards, i was thrilling the players till the last turn where they put the gasoline in the truck...in fact my LNOE game is now a little Zombie story..it's really cool...that's what i was looking for. I can't remember the dice result, but i can remember this ugly father Joseph killing my zombie, throwing dynamite on my zombies regrouped by an extinguisher...and at last, i remember the battle on the truck...a great game really.
01-28-2013, 01:15 AM
Sounds like another thrilling LNoE game! It's really cool that you enjoy it win or lose and it went to the wire. Zombie17
01-28-2013, 08:28 AM
Glad you enjoyed your game Lorenzo. Even if you played the same scenario again you would end up with a totally different game and storyline. We often pick scenarios at random to play and never does any one complain 'they've played this one before'...you never know what fate awaits either heroes or zombies