Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why are the Villains so easy in AToE?
08-28-2012, 02:25 AM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2012 04:54 AM by wisdomknight.)
Why are the Villains so easy in AToE?
Could it be because we are using the Basic rules?

Will the Advanced rules change the difficulty level much?

Right now it seems we will easily win....every single game we play!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-28-2012, 05:07 AM
RE: Why are the Villains so easy in AToE?
Probably a good place to start. ATOE has a lot of options to keep amping the difficulty up, all the way to the Advanced co-op chart. Go Advanced. I think you'll see a difference Zombie03
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
Find all posts by this user
08-28-2012, 05:14 AM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2012 05:14 AM by wisdomknight.)
Thanks MoonSylver, I will try that!
(08-28-2012 05:07 AM)MoonSylver Wrote:  Probably a good place to start. ATOE has a lot of options to keep amping the difficulty up, all the way to the Advanced co-op chart. Go Advanced. I think you'll see a difference Zombie03
---MSWatchmen01

Thanks MoonSylver, I will try that!
08-28-2012, 10:34 AM
The Expansion Something Wicked....... has a lot of options for more difficulity it also has Solo Rules.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
08-28-2012, 03:26 PM
Thanks OD, I cant wait to be able to get Something Wicked and eventually The Coast!
08-28-2012, 06:24 PM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2012 06:25 PM by vikinglad.)
Yes, using the advanced rules makes it harder. In addition to more powers for the baddies, it is much harder to score investigation (it is a skill test roll). This makes it harder to level up, so you can't just take your time filling to your carry limit like in the basic rules.

I would suggest making sure you are using all of the villians' and minions' powers right. Also, make sure you are moving the shadow track whenever you need to (death of town elder, etc.).

Playing the advanced game, we almost always come down to the wire, with about 50/50 win loss. In one cool one recently, the last hero killed the Gargoyle and the precise moment that he was turned to stone and immortalized in victory as a statue. The Something Evil villians seem a bit harder to me.
08-28-2012, 07:14 PM
Let me ask this question, What variant are you playing, Free for all, Coop, Coop teams?

Did you multiply the Wounds on the Villan by the number of investigators in your Coop and Coop Team games?

I Play coop and usually we have 2 to 3 investigators. Its not uncommon to end up with 21-29 wound villans....
08-28-2012, 07:52 PM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2012 07:54 PM by wisdomknight.)
(08-28-2012 07:14 PM)Atraangelis Wrote:  Let me ask this question, What variant are you playing, Free for all, Coop, Coop teams?

Did you multiply the Wounds on the Villan by the number of investigators in your Coop and Coop Team games?

I Play coop and usually we have 2 to 3 investigators. Its not uncommon to end up with 21-29 wound villans....

We are playing co-op with 3 people and yes we multiple the wounds correctly.
(08-28-2012 06:24 PM)vikinglad Wrote:  Yes, using the advanced rules makes it harder. In addition to more powers for the baddies, it is much harder to score investigation (it is a skill test roll). This makes it harder to level up, so you can't just take your time filling to your carry limit like in the basic rules.

I would suggest making sure you are using all of the villians' and minions' powers right. Also, make sure you are moving the shadow track whenever you need to (death of town elder, etc.).

Playing the advanced game, we almost always come down to the wire, with about 50/50 win loss. In one cool one recently, the last hero killed the Gargoyle and the precise moment that he was turned to stone and immortalized in victory as a statue. The Something Evil villians seem a bit harder to me.

Yes we are moving theshadow track as needed.
It does seem like we have to get the advaced rules as soon as we clearly figure out the basics.
08-28-2012, 08:44 PM
I think ADVANCED RULES will cure your ills...
08-28-2012, 08:54 PM
(08-28-2012 08:44 PM)Atraangelis Wrote:  I think ADVANCED RULES will cure your ills...

cool!