Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
World War Z
05-11-2011, 03:52 AM
World War Z
I cannot believe that I couldn't find a discussion about one of the greatest books ever let alone the best Zombie book.

This book tackles a world after a zombie apocalypse on both the social and psychological levels. It's very well thought out, and well written.

That is all.

we are revolution.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2011, 04:54 PM
RE: World War Z
I thought we had some discussion on it?but I can't find anything except for a few mentions?
I'm not really into Zombie Lit but I did read this one & I thought my motivation was
from a discussion here.

It an interesting book well worth the read.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
04-17-2012, 01:24 PM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2012 01:24 PM by alderdust.)
Should you read the zombie survival guide by max brooks first before world war Z? BTW this is becoming a movie in 2013.
04-18-2012, 10:20 PM
The Zombie Survival Guide is a good primer for Max Brooks' world, but not necessary reading to enjoy World War Z. God, WWZ, what an awesome book!

In the event of a Zombie Apocalypse please do the following:
1. Grab a buddy
2. Grab guns
3. Start shooting
04-19-2012, 10:15 AM
World War Z doesn't have it's own topic but it always vomes up when people ask about Zombie Books.
Zombie Survival Guide is not mandatory to read before WWZ because it is something completely different. It handles more of the do's & dont's in case of an zombie emergency' it is more like one of those camping-survival handbooks for kids. Good fun though Watchmen02
World War Z is more a compilation of short stories after the world has gone to the crapper after a zombie outbreak.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-19-2012, 02:27 PM
(04-19-2012 10:15 AM)Emp Wrote:  World War Z doesn't have it's own topic but it always vomes up when people ask about Zombie Books.
Zombie Survival Guide is not mandatory to read before WWZ because it is something completely different. It handles more of the do's & dont's in case of an zombie emergency' it is more like one of those camping-survival handbooks for kids. Good fun though Watchmen02
World War Z is more a compilation of short stories after the world has gone to the crapper after a zombie outbreak.

Yes, they are different books, but they are part of the same canon. The virus in WWZ is the same virus in the ZSG, and he even references "the civilian survival guide" in WWZ. Again, not required reading, but definitely worth it.

1. Grab a buddy
2. Grab guns
3. Start shooting
06-01-2012, 11:55 PM
Great book. I heard that there is a movie version coming out this summer!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-06-2012, 12:49 AM
Yeah. Brad Pitt is producing and starring. It's gonna be great.

1. Grab a buddy
2. Grab guns
3. Start shooting
06-08-2012, 01:36 AM
i can't believe I havn't got this one yet. gotta get it...
06-08-2012, 02:55 AM
(06-06-2012 12:49 AM)victor.w Wrote:  Yeah. Brad Pitt is producing and starring. It's gonna be great.

and Paul Verhooven was directing Starship Troopers and look how that trashed the book...

There already are reports of serious differences from the book, the least of which being Pitt's character (the narrator from the book) running around the world trying to PREVENT the outbreak... If you read the book you would understand how badly that bodes...