Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
World War Z
07-14-2012, 01:54 AM
RE: World War Z
Damon Lindleoff!? Thay guy can't write for movies! He's too ambiguous and nebulous for the movies. Prometheus sucked because of his awful script rewrites. The guy needs to stick with television.

In the event of a Zombie Apocalypse please do the following:
1. Grab a buddy
2. Grab guns
3. Start shooting
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-14-2012, 02:05 AM
yep.. prom could have held a lil more true to alien for my taste..
07-15-2012, 11:05 AM
(06-10-2012 11:34 PM)Musketeer Wrote:  At least it isn't Michael Bey doing it. We would have continuous explosions with the occasional slow mo close up of a hot sweating chick walking as things explode behind her.

You say this like it's a bad thingWatchmen02

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
04-06-2013, 10:43 PM
The book was amazing. The movie looks like it may be tolerable, but it appears to have nothing to do with the book. Insane19
04-06-2013, 11:14 PM
we've seent hat too many times... unfortunately.

wife and I saw evil dead today. we saw the original in 81.. and this is not as good.. Insane19
04-09-2013, 10:55 AM
I love Zombies (obviously), and I heard so many people, including people who don't like zombies rave about World War Z that I bought it and was very excited to read it. At first I thought I enjoyed it but the further in the book I got and after thinking about it after finishing I have to say that I didn't really like it enjoy it at all.

I think what I did enjoy was the way it was written from all the different perspectives. I felt like I was reading a historical book, not just a fictional novel and Mr Brooks needs to commended for the writing style. But then I felt there wasn't much of a plot, and because of the nature of the interviews no character development. I think some characters may have had more than one interview but because of the book and not making a connection with the characters I can't be sure.

I haven't read The Zombie Survival Guide so I can't comment on that.
04-09-2013, 01:41 PM
I can see where you are coming from, but I don't think the entire book as a whole had a plot more than "Tales from the Zombie Outbreak". Different peoples views and experiences.

I feel each story was different despite the circumstances and did not seem to repeat each other in general moral or life-lesson. That is where the character development was.
04-16-2013, 11:08 PM
can't wait to at least see the movie.. Watchmen02