Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Worst win/loss record as zombie player in the history of LNoE
03-14-2013, 06:13 PM
RE: Worst win/loss record as zombie player in the history of LNoE
I have a feeling one of my group will resist picking random heroes. I haven't seen anything like an equivelent on the dot system for giving heroes their choice charachters and zombies get..x dots in return. But in retrospect I can see how constantly choosing the best fighters slants the game. So if I want a compremise should I ask for...four dots
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2013, 06:17 PM
(03-14-2013 06:13 PM)Kevthenurse Wrote:  I have a feeling one of my group will resist picking random heroes. I haven't seen anything like an equivelent on the dot system for giving heroes their choice charachters and zombies get..x dots in return. But in retrospect I can see how constantly choosing the best fighters slants the game. So if I want a compremise should I ask for...four dots

For now take out all the dots bussiness and play it as God...I mean Jason C. Hill intended. Take out any house rules too.

Here's the stats from the last 40 or so games I've played with my group I've been the Zombies about 50% of the time.
http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...d-10-03-13
03-14-2013, 06:56 PM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2013 06:56 PM by LabRat.)
(03-14-2013 06:13 PM)Kevthenurse Wrote:  I have a feeling one of my group will resist picking random heroes.

From the LNOE base set rulebook, page 7:

Quote:The Hero players then randomly draw four of the Hero Character Sheets to form their Hero team.

So your friends are not playing the game as intended. No wonder you've been losing often - they've been playing with an advantage all this time.

Personal opinion, choosing heroes at random makes the game more fun for me. I get to adjust my strategies depending on who I'm controlling at the moment.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-14-2013, 07:34 PM
(03-14-2013 06:56 PM)LabRat Wrote:  Personal opinion, choosing heroes at random makes the game more fun for me. I get to adjust my strategies depending on who I'm controlling at the moment.

I agree I believe it makes you a more well rounded Hero player too.
03-14-2013, 07:36 PM
Well, if I recall (I'd have to look to remember for sure) I believe the rulebook suggested picking heroes at random, but did say you can choose your heroes if your group agrees. Personally, I find it more fun to pick at random. I love all the characters and want to see them all involved in the game from time to time. If you specifically pick, people will always pick the stronger characters. That shouldn't necessarily make a huge difference, but it can make enough of a difference to turn the tide sometimes. Either way, good luck. Hopefully you can start to get some zombie wins under your belt. ;-)
03-14-2013, 07:42 PM
Aye. I opt to pick my heroes at random too, the only rule I have to "random" hero characters is that I want to have at least one adult hero. Swinging two students is a bit of a challenge since most of them are easy to kill. Plus I learned a great use for my least favorite heroes to play (Billy and Jenny): bait.

Thanks for all of your help, guys. I don't have Timber Peak, but I will look into getting it sometime after my nursing final. It is on the ever so complex renal system...<gulps>
03-14-2013, 07:51 PM
On p.18 of the LNoE rulebook it does say

'Hero Players may, if they like, choose their Hero Charcaters to fit their play style (instead of selecting them randomly).'

This option isn't there in Timber Peak. Good news for Zombie Players.
03-14-2013, 07:58 PM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2013 08:00 PM by fitzgrimm.)
LabRat is right on page 7 of the LNOE base set rulebook it does say that Hero Character Sheets are picked at random, but on page 18 it says that the Hero Players may choose their Hero Characters instead of selecting them randomly.
That being said on page 7 of Timber Peaks rule book it says Hero Character Sheets are picked at random. This is the rule I would use because it is the most recent rule book that has been put out. If you do not have Timber Peaks the rule book is online at flying frog’s website.
I do have a question for you do the other players play as the zombies? If so do they win? If not do they not play as them because they always lose?
If any time someone plays the zombies they lose then you might bring that up, most people don’t want to always lose and picking random heroes makes things fairer.

edit* Trev beat me to it.

Si Vis Pacem, para bellum.
Tulta munille
03-15-2013, 04:57 AM
(03-14-2013 07:58 PM)fitzgrimm Wrote:  LabRat is right on page 7 of the LNOE base set rulebook it does say that Hero Character Sheets are picked at random, but on page 18 it says that the Hero Players may choose their Hero Characters instead of selecting them randomly.
That being said on page 7 of Timber Peaks rule book it says Hero Character Sheets are picked at random. This is the rule I would use because it is the most recent rule book that has been put out. If you do not have Timber Peaks the rule book is online at flying frog’s website.
I do have a question for you do the other players play as the zombies? If so do they win? If not do they not play as them because they always lose?
If any time someone plays the zombies they lose then you might bring that up, most people don’t want to always lose and picking random heroes makes things fairer.

edit* Trev beat me to it.

Good question. One of my hero opponents actually ends up playing the zombies at least 4 games out of 5 if not more. The other opponent doesn't play zombies. This makes discussing balance issues a little tricky.
03-15-2013, 10:51 AM
well I start to have doubts about my players and their ability, I always let them choose their characters because they lose 90% of the games and they still lose, a little challenge has come up since they started using Father - Nurse combo to cancel my cards, but still they keep eating dust.