Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Worst win/loss record as zombie player in the history of LNoE
03-15-2013, 04:13 PM
RE: Worst win/loss record as zombie player in the history of LNoE
(03-14-2013 07:51 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  On p.18 of the LNoE rulebook it does say

'Hero Players may, if they like, choose their Hero Charcaters to fit their play style (instead of selecting them randomly).'

This option isn't there in Timber Peak. Good news for Zombie Players.

I looked at that part of the rulebook, and I find it ironic that the Basic Game instructs players to choose Heroes randomly where in the Advanced Game, players are allowed to choose their preferred Heroes if they want. Maybe it's because of the advanced Hero/Zombie cards, but my initial reaction is that choosing preferred Heroes fits better in the Basic game than in the Advanced game.

Good thing they did away with this in the Timber Peak rulebook.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2013, 04:16 PM
(03-15-2013 04:13 PM)LabRat Wrote:  
(03-14-2013 07:51 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  On p.18 of the LNoE rulebook it does say

'Hero Players may, if they like, choose their Hero Charcaters to fit their play style (instead of selecting them randomly).'

This option isn't there in Timber Peak. Good news for Zombie Players.

I looked at that part of the rulebook, and I find it ironic that the Basic Game instructs players to choose Heroes randomly where in the Advanced Game, players are allowed to choose their preferred Heroes if they want. Maybe it's because of the advanced Hero/Zombie cards, but my initial reaction is that choosing preferred Heroes fits better in the Basic game than in the Advanced game.

Good thing they did away with this in the Timber Peak rulebook.

Agreed on both counts.
Find all posts by this user
03-15-2013, 07:26 PM
Personally, I almost always prefer to pick at random. I think picking specific heroes should be something you only do once in a while. Like, sometimes maybe I haven't gotten to use a certain hero for a while. Or maybe I keep getting the same ones too often. Then, I may want to choose for one or two games. But, I like to see all the heroes involved in the game at some point. So, picking the same ones all the time would just not be as fun.
03-17-2013, 02:57 AM
UPDATE!!!
Although it wasn't my win, I had a particularly bad night for dice rolls. But I also had a bad strategy as a hero player and we lost convincingly when we tried a new scenario (hunt for survivors, a scenario included in the hero pack). Zombie player got four kills when there were still five turns left in the game. All four of the kills were my characters...like I said it was a particularly bad night for dice rolls.
I begrudgingly congratulated my opponent for thoroughly trouncing us. Usually when she wins, the game comes down to the last couple of turns. She had a good strat, good cards, and good luck with the dice. And while we were busy doing scenario specific tasks, she managed to quietly occupy the center of the board with no fewer than eight zombies. They were placed in such a way that even if we had guns, it wouldn't have been easy to reach the truck.
Of course we played the same scenario tonight and the heroes won with seven turns left, but hey....
03-18-2013, 07:29 PM
Ouch. I know how you feel, bro. I don't know what it is, but I always seem to get absolutely shafted on the dice rolls. I seem to have the worst luck with dice. I mean, of course it evens out and I do well SOMETIMES, but I seem to tend to get crap luck with dice way more often than I get good luck. LOL!