Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
YOU WANT SCARES+NIGHTMARES? PLAY DEAD SPACE 2
08-13-2011, 07:11 PM
RE: YOU WANT SCARES+NIGHTMARES? PLAY DEAD SPACE 2
I mostly used melee weapons and assault rifles. Something fast and easy

Insane21I stab when angry...Insane16
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-13-2011, 09:53 PM
(08-13-2011 07:11 PM)MustIdie Wrote:  I mostly used melee weapons and assault rifles. Something fast and easy

melee? How does that even work? do you mean close range stuff like the flamethrower, saw and push gun (I forget the name)?
08-16-2011, 10:07 AM
(07-04-2011 08:08 AM)atramagus Wrote:  I can't wait for the Steam sales around the holidays... hopefully I can get it cheap hehe. I absolutely loved the first game, and can't wait to try this one.

Let me know on here what you think of it.
11-29-2011, 05:46 PM
I was thinking of checking this game out but was a bit unsure. Is it a lot better than Dead Space 1? Is there a lot of gore throughout or genuinely scary/creepy through atmosphere, tension, music...etc? I think I'd enjoy it more if it was the latter. Is it worth buying at $60 or renting?
11-30-2011, 03:03 PM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2011 03:04 PM by samuraitrev.)
(11-29-2011 05:46 PM)YrNotYrKhakis Wrote:  I was thinking of checking this game out but was a bit unsure. Is it a lot better than Dead Space 1? Is there a lot of gore throughout or genuinely scary/creepy through atmosphere, tension, music...etc? I think I'd enjoy it more if it was the latter. Is it worth buying at $60 or renting?

It is better technically in every way than Dead Space. Although storywise Dead Space had the edge. The atmosphere, tension and music is second to none it is probably in my opinion the scariest game ever. (yes even more scary than Silent Hill 2). There's plenty of scares trust me! Play in the dark with surround sound or earphones and I s*!t you not you will be proper freaked out and jump outta your skin at times! I'm sure you can get this game cheaper than $60 if you try Amazon or something. Buy it.

Hope this helpedZombie13
12-01-2011, 02:10 AM
(11-30-2011 03:03 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  
(11-29-2011 05:46 PM)YrNotYrKhakis Wrote:  I was thinking of checking this game out but was a bit unsure. Is it a lot better than Dead Space 1? Is there a lot of gore throughout or genuinely scary/creepy through atmosphere, tension, music...etc? I think I'd enjoy it more if it was the latter. Is it worth buying at $60 or renting?

It is better technically in every way than Dead Space. Although storywise Dead Space had the edge. The atmosphere, tension and music is second to none it is probably in my opinion the scariest game ever. (yes even more scary than Silent Hill 2). There's plenty of scares trust me! Play in the dark with surround sound or earphones and I s*!t you not you will be proper freaked out and jump outta your skin at times! I'm sure you can get this game cheaper than $60 if you try Amazon or something. Buy it.

Hope this helpedZombie13

Scarier than SH2? Nonsense! The thanksgiving sale had it for 5$....guess that's a little late now though

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
12-01-2011, 04:58 AM
(12-01-2011 02:10 AM)D153453D Wrote:  
(11-30-2011 03:03 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  

Hope this helpedZombie13

Scarier than SH2? Nonsense! The thanksgiving sale had it for 5$....guess that's a little late now though

Wow! If anyone sees Dead Space 2 for under $20 I may not be able to help myself
12-01-2011, 05:44 PM
I've played and finished the 1st 3 Silent Hill games I would describle them as morbid, f'd up and amazing. But as for making you jump/scares Dead Space 2 gets it for me. Just my opinion.
12-02-2011, 12:14 AM
eh, don't think I'm saying this for the zombie factor, but the original
Resident Evil gave me some good scares back in the day. The remake
for GameCube was even better even though I knew when most the
scary events took place.

~If we are being chased by Zombies, I'm tripping you!!!Zombie13
01-13-2012, 05:26 AM
Steam has Dead space 1 and 2 on sale for $5 each thru Jan 16. Haven't played either, and that deal is kinda hard to pass up.