Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombie State
05-09-2010, 02:34 AM
Zombie State
From the BGG Blurb......

The world is too late. The virus known as MV1 has gone global. You, the leader of your people, have moved quickly to consolidate your local governments in hopes that you are not too late to carve some chance of hope out of what appears to be none. Rushing to develop effective technologies and retrain your military against this new threat proves difficult but is your only chance at salvation. Resources will prove important and become continually scarce as MV1 continues to sweep through your territory. Do you have what it takes to keep your people alive? Or, better yet, can you eliminate the threat of the walking dead from your territory completely? Many technologies lay at your disposal if you test them successfully, but the true strength of these technologies lie in the versatile combinations that you choose to use. Will you rely on military strength, physics and science, or research medicine to find a cure? Perhaps your survival lies in utilizing combinations of these technologies. Either way your fallen countrymen have only one form of diplomacy and that is that they are at peace only when they are feeding. Feeding on you and your people and spreading the deadly MV1 viral infection. Welcome to The Zombie State: Diplomacy of the Dead.

Game Play:
You are the world leader of a group of nations. Each turn zombies feed and randomly spread throughout your territory, quickly reducing your population and increasing the number of zombies. At the beginning of the game you have no technologies or military that are effective against the viral threat on a worldwide scale. Each turn you must maximize the use of resources to draft and use military, test technologies, and then strategically use these successfully tested technologies. As the game progresses, outbreaks and the spread of zombies makes the game more difficult through a loss of population, resources, and freedom to act. However, if you have been an effective leader you will have developed effective technologies that you may use to try and eliminate the threat from your territory completely. Otherwise leaders will find the game ends with the total conversion of their population into the walking dead.

So I know this place is full of Z fans,so has anyone
checked this out it's just been released.The world map
Board looks cool the wooden tokens (or plastic?)
sort of bring it down for me..I guess you could bring your
own Zombies.The scale & theme appeals to me & it's
under $40 US but I already have Battles of Westros
& the new AH Expanson on pre order so maybe not:rolleyes:

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-2010, 02:46 PM
RE: Zombie State
I haven't gotten my hands on this yet but I definitely want to give it a try. It looks like a lot of fun.

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
05-20-2010, 04:05 PM
Have never heard of it, but I do like the scale. That would be an interesting game.

Zalgo....he comes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-20-2010, 07:02 PM
Just bought it, we shall see. Im excited, but ordering straight from the company was a little weird. No shipping option, so must be ground only.
05-20-2010, 07:09 PM
Damn NewGrace, you are a man of action!!

Zalgo....he comes.
05-20-2010, 07:11 PM
Looks like you can download the rules right here:

http://www.zombiestategames.com/Zombie%2...20Book.pdf

Zalgo....he comes.
08-15-2010, 04:15 PM
NewGrace Wrote:Just bought it, we shall see. Im excited, but ordering straight from the company was a little weird. No shipping option, so must be ground only.

So NG...whats your opinion after having it a couple of months?

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
12-13-2010, 01:26 AM
Zombie State
Has anyone played or have an reviews regarding Zombie State... A complex risk style board game based on the events after the spread of a virus known as MV1 (Moaning Virus) {Lame I know} Basicly.. you fend off the zombie apocalypse while trying to rekindle the remains of civilization.
12-13-2010, 02:22 AM
I've heard of it, considered getting it, but haven't yet. Though I likely will sometime soon. Seems to be a different way to play a Zombie game, so I am quite interested in it.

I'd like to hear if anyone has any opinions on it too.
12-26-2010, 06:46 PM
Tom Vassel gave a review about this game on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3LBXlEDgRU

He thinks the idea of a global conflict of zombies was interesting but found some poor executions in the mechanics.