Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombieland's Last Night on Earth
02-08-2010, 01:05 AM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2010 01:15 AM by Sylis.)
Zombieland's Last Night on Earth
So I've made some Zombieland Heroes, and I think that they are pretty good, without being overpowered. I have two different versions of Wichita and Little Rock. My questions is, does anyone have some suggestions on how I can get these onto some cards of sort so I can actually mix them in with the normal heroes and have them somewhat look like the actually Hero cards, or am I pretty much limited to paper?

[Image: LastNightonEarth-Columbus.jpg?t=1265587274]

[Image: LastNightonEarth-LittleRock.jpg?t=1265587396]

[Image: LastNightonEarth-Wichita.jpg?t=1265587435]

[Image: LastNightonEarth-Tallahassee.jpg?t=1265587474]

Here are the second versions of Wichita and Little Rock
[Image: LastNightonEarth-WichitaVer2.jpg?t=1265587865]

[Image: LastNightonEarth-LittleRockVer2.jpg?t=1265587908]

I'll be adding these to the Download section as soon as I can.

I've already gotten some ideas for Zombieland Hero and Zombie cards that are in the making now.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2010, 01:41 AM
RE: Zombieland's Last Night on Earth
The cards are great!!! Check the wording on some of them, they're a little off. The swearing on the Columbus card is off-putting a tad because of it being a card game and all. Don't get me wrong, I swear with the best of them. Having the words run into the wound markers is a little weird too.

As far as printing is concerned... get some black poster board (there are different thicknesses) and some spray mount. Get the cards printed at Staples or Copymax. Mount the suckers then cut them with an exacto knife. That's what I'd do anyhow...

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-08-2010, 01:58 AM
Sarku Wrote:The cards are great!!! Check the wording on some of them, they're a little off. The swearing on the Columbus card is off-putting a tad because of it being a card game and all. Don't get me wrong, I swear with the best of them. Having the words run into the wound markers is a little weird too.

As far as printing is concerned... get some black poster board (there are different thicknesses) and some spray mount. Get the cards printed at Staples or Copymax. Mount the suckers then cut them with an exacto knife. That's what I'd do anyhow...

I understand what you are saying about the swearing, but for the most part I stole the quotes right from the movie.

By the wording being a little off, what do you mean? Are they worded kinda weird? If you have a suggestion, let me know! I agree with you on the text running into the Wound Markers, I did my best to try and keep them short enough to avoid the wound markers,

Thanks for the idea with the black poster board! I'll give that a shot!
02-08-2010, 02:57 AM
Wichita's first ability is worded weird in both cards... the second ability is weird as well... Doubling the effect... not sure what I'm supposed to double...

I think that the lack of YOUTH on the two... YUTES (haha my cousin vinny reference) makes them very vulnerable. I haven't played them, so maybe I'm wrong...

What fun though. I NEED to get the Blu-Ray... NOW.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
02-08-2010, 03:25 AM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2010 03:45 AM by Sylis.)
Sarku Wrote:Wichita's first ability is worded weird in both cards... the second ability is weird as well... Doubling the effect... not sure what I'm supposed to double...

I think that the lack of YOUTH on the two... YUTES (haha my cousin vinny reference) makes them very vulnerable. I haven't played them, so maybe I'm wrong...

What fun though. I NEED to get the Blu-Ray... NOW.

I've actually reworded them, here are what they look like now.
[Image: LastNightonEarth-Columbus.jpg]
[Image: LastNightonEarth-Tallahassee.jpg]
[Image: LastNightonEarth-LittleRock.jpg]
[Image: LastNightonEarth-LittleRockVer2.jpg]
[Image: LastNightonEarth-Wichita.jpg]
[Image: LastNightonEarth-WichitaVer2.jpg]

As for the Doubling effect, I didn't have the deck on hand when I thought up the idea. After going through the Hero Deck, there doesn't seem to be many cards that ability would work for, "Principal Gomez" "Farmer Sty" "Mr. Hyde, The Shop Teacher" are the only Hero cards I could see it working on.

Principal's could make a Zombie Re-roll a second time, both Farmer and Mr Hyde would add or subtract 2 from any fight dice.

But it could also be used on Zombie Cards
"Undead Hate the Living" if the Player wanted to, they could use the ability to re-roll the Fight Dice again.

So Like I said, it sounded a lot cooler before I had looked through the deck, but there just seems to be no cards that it would really work with.

As for the two Youths not having "Youth" 1, I couldn't fit another ability on the card. 2, I felt their abilities to kill off Zombies would keep them alive. I mean, Double tap, all you need to do is fend the zombie off and they she can try to kill without the risk of getting hurt. Same with the ability to add and subtract without a card to help, then think if they have a card to add with that? They could be major zombie killers. Until I actually play with them, I won't know. I am thinking of changing Little Rock's ability from 1 to 2 Dice.
02-13-2010, 02:35 AM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2010 02:35 AM by Sylis.)
So, I found a set of 28mm miniatures that I could use for my characters, but it came with a 5th figure, which inspired me to make another hero. Then I had some fun and created a Super-Hero, which of course is just for fun and not meant to be used for game play.

First, the 5th Survivor.
[Image: AgentHUNK.jpg]

Now, a character who is better than Chuck Norris, because he is the King.

[Image: DukeNukem.jpg]
02-13-2010, 02:54 AM
What figures did you get? Linky link?

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
02-13-2010, 03:16 AM
Well, I will get them when they get back in stock.

http://kingzombie.com/index.php?main_pag...10f0c2f2f4

I figured they are good enough that I can make them work.
02-13-2010, 04:44 AM
Yah... the SWAT fig is pretty cool looking...

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
02-13-2010, 01:07 PM
I really think the 'When in doubt, know your way out' and 'doubletap' powers were especially good ideas.

"If we are very lucky and start running now we might get out of this alive or merely dead"