Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombies!!!
02-22-2009, 11:26 PM
Zombies!!!
I saw a thread for "Humans!!!" but didn't see one for "Zombies!!!" which may mean it doesn't exist, or I completely overlooked it in my search (as usual).

While I'm still waiting for LNoE and GH to arrive in the mail, I went out and picked up "Zombies!!!" this weekend while in Tokyo. I tried a couple games and it was more fun than I expected. The gameplay is simple but fun. I've read a lot of complaints about the game dragging on for hours, which is why people don't like it, but in the two times I played it (2 players) the games weren't even an hour long. The first one was almost an hour as I was still punching counters out as the game continued and had to consult the rules a couple of times to verify I was doing things correctly. The second game was about 45 minutes.

Does anyone else play? I'm sure, on a site like this, I'm not alone. I'd write more, but I have to get ready for work so hopefully I'll find some discussion her later.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-22-2009, 11:43 PM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2009 11:46 PM by btf032.)
RE: Zombies!!!
I purchased Zombies!!! as well as a few of its expansions when looking on Amazon for a zombie board game. However, after searching a little more, I came across LNoE. I decided to cancel the Zombies!!! order and then purchased LNoE.

I read LNoE had a lot more depth, and I didn't really want to spend all that money in Zombies!!! and the expansions as well as LNoE (It would have totaled over $100 in board games, which I really can't do right now.) I'm sure it would be fun, but I just had to choose one or the other. Although I've never played Zombies!!! and it would probably be a good time, I'm pretty sure I made the right choice.

Another downside to Zombies!!! is that it needs a larger group (4-6 players) to get the full effect out of it as opposed to LNoE, which works with 2 players. When inquiring on Zombies!!!, I called the company and asked them about it, and they said there's a lot of cards in there which can be played on other players, but if you're only playing with one other person, you're obviously limited on who you can play the cards on.
02-23-2009, 12:30 AM
Zombies!!! is a very different game than LNoE. Zombies!!! is lighthearted, more casual, beer, pretzels & bullshitting while LNoE is more serious and strategic. Zombies!!! tends to drag if you add in any of its (many) expansions, where as LNoE so far has only gotten better with the 1.5 we have. Both are fun, but in very different ways.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-23-2009, 02:40 AM
I was thinking of writing up about my first two sessions and putting it on BGG. The first game I played was decent, as I learned exactly what to do. I made one mistake at the end (that I'm aware of, at least) but it likely would have made no difference to the outcome.

Yeah, the game will certainly get longer if you add on expansions with the original game. I think in the future I'll get the expansion at the mall and the one at the school but the others don't interest me all that much. I doubt I would mix them all together even if I did get it. I'd probably just play each expansion separately.
02-23-2009, 04:16 PM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2009 04:16 PM by Canadian Pittbull.)
I enjoy and have always enjoyed Zombies!!!! since its inception. It is still a fun game and the expansions are a lot of fun. The next expansion Zombies!!!! 8: Jailbreak is on its way out in March. I find it to be a very different animal than LNOE. I like both due to their subject matter obviously. So if you enjoy the game then continue to play it.

There is some merit to the longer games especially if your using a lot of the expansions. Once the board is overrun with Zombies and you have died and respawn sometimes it can make for an even harder and longer game as you try and wade through the massive onslaught of the undead. But I think this goes with the territory and the theme of the game.

I think in the long run the amount of expansions you use will determine the length of the game. My group has always used all of the expansions as they come out and so we look forward to the longer game. Remember also that once you run out of table space you can no longer place tiles that way. So unless you have a rather large table. The expansions can sometimes be cut off before being able to use the majority of them.

Either way if your a zombie fan I think this game is a MUST HAVE on your gaming shelf of the undead. Which can also be used in conjunction with Humans!!!!

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
02-24-2009, 03:02 AM
Eh...I have it, and one friend of mine LOVES it...but I can't get into it. Too long and "same ol, same ol" for me.

The Most Unread Blog on the Internet. Ever.: http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com
Roleplaying Game, Board Game and Card Game Reviews and Actual Plays
02-24-2009, 02:56 PM
Tommy Brownell Wrote:Eh...I have it, and one friend of mine LOVES it...but I can't get into it. Too long and "same ol, same ol" for me.

I can see how it might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I think it's a fun game as long as you keep it short and sweet. As it stands, the three times I played, the games were less than an hour. I don't think the enjoyment would hold up for too much more than an hour. One and a half hours at most. So if I ever do get the expansions, I'd probably just play them separately to have various boards to go through. Mixing them in would just over complicate matters and drag things on to the point of boredom.
02-24-2009, 04:25 PM
Pretty much where I'm at. The problem is that the games I played all tended to go too long. Plus, the "die and respawn at start" thing makes it feel more like a cheap video game and less like an atmospheric zombie movie...so LNoE totally kcks its butt for me.

The Most Unread Blog on the Internet. Ever.: http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com
Roleplaying Game, Board Game and Card Game Reviews and Actual Plays
03-05-2009, 06:34 PM
Well there is talk of there being a video game based version of this coming out for I would assume PC, PS3 and X-box 360 sometime in late 2009. Or so I have read.

Also anyone notice that they are bringing out a Martians!!! game in what looks to be June or July this year.

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
03-10-2009, 12:29 AM
hmmm been thinking of getting zombietown it looks good but i dought its LNoE good.yes these guys are hitting on all my favorite movie thems exp. action chop saki style. cant wait for Martian Invasion. hope its comatable with LNoE.that would rock!but if it dont it still will rock,bet my bottom dallar!