Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombies!!!
12-21-2010, 05:02 AM
RE: Zombies!!!
I feel it's all in how you play it, what expansions you add in, decks you build from said expansions, and your particular taste in games.

I like Zombies!!! and own the entire series, Including Humans!!! and Martians!!! as well as Zombies!!! Medieval... And I am a true gamer and need not alter the rules to be so.

At my local shop, we had a weekly game of Zombies!!! every Wednesday night... Games that went up to 10 players but never less than 6, averaging about 8 players a week. New ones came in all the time, regulars when work allowed, and folks that just popped by every now and then for the game. So it was rather popular around here. Then the guy running it could no longer do so, and I was too busy to pick it up, it kinda died much to the dismay of many people.

That and considering how many people play the game to warrant Twilight continuing to make more and more, it must have some value to gamers.

I recommend both games equally, but for different reasons... They are 2 different games with 2 completely different styles of play. I know many people who won't get LNOE no matter how great I tell them it is because, and I quote, "It is too complicated", "That is a HUGE rule book, I don't want to get into anything that big.", "It's too expensive for a board game.", etc... etc... It's all about personal style and likes and dislikes, and occasionally ones budget.

Some folks like simple rules, easy play and total cut-throat action... and for them Zombies!!! is perfect, at it's base rules... Others prefect a more Co-Op game with more variations in style and a more RPG feel to play... and for them LNOE is perfect... IMHO.
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2010, 07:07 PM
After playing LNOE, I don't think any other zombie board game could ever measure up. I'm only playing this, and it's going to stay that way.
Find all posts by this user
12-31-2010, 02:36 AM
(12-30-2010 07:07 PM)kyletos88 Wrote:  After playing LNOE, I don't think any other zombie board game could ever measure up. I'm only playing this, and it's going to stay that way.

I don't mean to be rude... and whatever floats your boat and all... It's your life do with it as you please and feel free to ignore me... but isn't that is a rather close minded thought. How do you know if anything can measure up if you don't try anything else?

Yeah, Zombies!!! is no comparison to LNOE, because it is a totally different game with a totally different style of play. Technically they shouldn't even be compared to each other. Same goes for Zombie Survival, Zombiegeddon, and a million others. They can be rated individually, they can be reviewed, they can even be sized up to each other... But they can never be compared to each other directly because they are totally different from one another. So far, I haven't found a Zombie game I didn't like to some degree... (Although it is sizing up that Zombiegeddon may be the first, haven't played it yet though, just sits there on my shelf waiting for a good moment.)

Maybe I should do a review thread of all the Zombie Games I own? Review them, rate them, and size them up to others?
01-02-2011, 01:24 AM
Of all the zombie games i've played, LNoE has to take the cake. But that doesn't stop me from playing anything I can find, haha.
01-04-2011, 08:44 PM
I may have to try this game. I can get a certain few friends to play LNOE, but for the most part, they find the rules too complicated ( due to their short attention span). I can barely get them to play a game of Pandemic! Hopefully this would be more up their alley.
01-16-2011, 03:50 AM
(12-21-2010 05:02 AM)Gothicincarnation Wrote:  I feel it's all in how you play it, what expansions you add in, decks you build from said expansions, and your particular taste in games.

I like Zombies!!! and own the entire series, Including Humans!!! and Martians!!! as well as Zombies!!! Medieval... And I am a true gamer and need not alter the rules to be so.

At my local shop, we had a weekly game of Zombies!!! every Wednesday night... Games that went up to 10 players but never less than 6, averaging about 8 players a week. New ones came in all the time, regulars when work allowed, and folks that just popped by every now and then for the game. So it was rather popular around here. Then the guy running it could no longer do so, and I was too busy to pick it up, it kinda died much to the dismay of many people.

That and considering how many people play the game to warrant Twilight continuing to make more and more, it must have some value to gamers.

I recommend both games equally, but for different reasons... They are 2 different games with 2 completely different styles of play. I know many people who won't get LNOE no matter how great I tell them it is because, and I quote, "It is too complicated", "That is a HUGE rule book, I don't want to get into anything that big.", "It's too expensive for a board game.", etc... etc... It's all about personal style and likes and dislikes, and occasionally ones budget.

Some folks like simple rules, easy play and total cut-throat action... and for them Zombies!!! is perfect, at it's base rules... Others prefect a more Co-Op game with more variations in style and a more RPG feel to play... and for them LNOE is perfect... IMHO.

couldn't agree more!
02-06-2011, 07:01 AM
I love Zombies!!! too and must agree with Gothicincarnation.
Just because it is a zombie theme, you can not compare all the games to LNOE.

Zombies!!! is more of a fun "screw-you" type of game, which can be a great fun depending on who you play with. And it is quite easy to invent your own rules and tweak the game with house rules.

LNOE has a darker theme and is more a story-based type of game, and is of course one of my favorite game. But the game maybe not always brings out laughter, instead it takes a more thrilling atmosphere and is a real nail-biter.

So If I'm gonna have an evening with humor/laughter and beer-drinking friends, I could probably put Zombies!!! on the table, but if I'm more looking for a horror experience, I choose LNOE.

/Cimex

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.
02-25-2011, 09:54 AM
Zombies!!! is a pretty decent game, rather long at some points but fun none the less. It has its perks especially if one has not played LNOE. This was the first board game that I ever picked up (besides basic hasbro games) and loved it. From there I started looking into games with more depth and strategy deciding that my family was ready to move onto a more detailed game LNOE. So Zombies!!! made all this possible, without that game I do not think I would of stumbled onto LNOE.
03-29-2011, 01:39 AM
And let's not forget that Zombies!!! was there way before LNOE. It's continuing success (10 years, if I'm not mistaken) has convinced many, many game publishers to tackle the genre and give us a lot of zombie games. So, even though many might find the game simplistic, boring or sucky, we must all be thankful for its success (and a big success, sales wise, it is!).