Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Favorite number of players?
07-12-2012, 07:48 AM
RE: Favorite number of players?
I like the 5 player games best.

I agree that players seem less invested with 2 characters.

I also dislike having 2 zombie players. It seems pointless.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2012, 01:02 PM
4 hero players and 1 zombie player always...if we have more people we add heroes and account for them in the dots...playing vs 2 zombie heroes always seems too easy.
07-12-2012, 01:49 PM
I've always played the game with 5 players or 2. IMO, 5 players is great for people who had never played games of this type, so they won't feel confused to move many characters. Also, I feel everybody wants to help one another, talking about tactics or giving away 'good vibrations' for the dice rolls (specially if someone has no luck at all). Of course, it depends on your gaming group and how they 'connect' with the game...
07-12-2012, 07:31 PM
At my first ever gaming group yesterday, we got a chance to try out 4 players and 6 players. I have to say, I am still in favor of one zombie player. Not that it wasn't still fun, of course, but I prefer one zombie player vs. two splitting the horde.

I still kind of lean towards a game of 3 people because I like the idea of one zombie player, and each hero player getting two heroes. But, I will say, having more people can be a lot of fun too.

One really cool thing about having the full 6 player game...

It is a lot more likely that the zombies may get a zombie hero. After all, if the zombies kill a hero player's last hero, he/she becomes a zombie hero (and they get a new hero). Considering each hero player only has one hero, you can see how that is very easy. In our case, Jenny the Farmer's Daughter became a zombie hero.
07-16-2012, 09:15 PM
I have played from 2-6 players, but so far I have mostly done it with 2. I like having more people but I think the game plays better when only one person plays the zombies. It allows for a controlled strategy, so I would say 5 people is the best (4 heroes, 4 players). I think this helps develop the group mentality, while allowing the zombies to be aggressive and collectively mobile.