Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Poll: are you prepared for zombies
nope, just planning on being one
no but i'm resourceful
yes i've started
i'm prepared for a horde of any size
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
are you prepared for the zombie apocalypse?
08-18-2011, 11:34 PM
are you prepared for the zombie apocalypse?
just wondering if anyone here has any preperations for a real zombie apocalypse. I was thinking about putting together a bailout bag, and was wondering what others had done.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2011, 12:37 AM
RE: are you prepared for the zombie apocalypse?
I buried stashes of Beer around.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
08-19-2011, 12:40 AM
good thinking hopefully full kegs.
08-19-2011, 12:51 AM
I used to have a bug out bag packed and ready at all times but it's been dismantled. also used to keep essentials in the trunk of my car but I recently found it had a leak and almost everything is rusted or moldy. still, my crowbar and hatchet are okay, as is my zombie survival guide.

Should you wish to get to know me better I suggest you read my bio as it is absolutely true.
08-22-2011, 09:13 AM
Flexibility is key to survival ;D and we're all practicing with LNOE anyway...

I go by PetrichorFunus on some places
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-22-2011, 06:17 PM
Hi, im sorta torn by this. Yes, i do have a Zombie Protection Can. Rifle, swords, bats, bows, armour. Yet, I would really enjoy being a Zombie, and eating the heads of my X's just LOL
08-26-2011, 03:57 AM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2011 03:59 AM by Mechanik.)
If you're not already into the prepper/survivalist culture you will probably not understand 90% of what I'm about to say so I apologize in advance :-)

I've been prepping for a couple of years now. I have a Go Bag (Maxpedition Versipack), a Truck Bag (LAPG bailout bag), and a bigger Bugout Bag (Camelbak BFM) that is currently sitting by the front door due to all the tornado warnings lately.

Just picked up some QuikClot, Blastmatch, and some other odds and ends for the BOB the other day. MSR MiniWorks water filter and MIOX purifier are on order, should be arriving any time. Picked up a case of MREs to supplement my food stores this week too. I had a lot of dehydrated goods already (I have an Excalibur 9-tray dehydrator and a vacuum sealer), but wanted to have some more "on the go" type stuff that I could keep in the truck bag and the BOB. Probably gonna grab some Mountain House stuff and some more big water kegs next.

Putting together another EBR for my defensive preps and also got a couple of nice HD boomsticks.

I guess I'm more prepared than most, but I still feel dreadfully unprepared. I just try to keep plugging away at it.

Any other members of Zombie Squad here?
BTW "real zombie apocalypse" is kind of a contradiction in terms. I prep for the zombie apocalypse not because it will happen, but because if I'm prepared for that, I'm prepared for just about anything. That and zombies are cool and make it fun :-)
10-22-2011, 06:28 PM
I've bought a bucket of nails that I can throw around the house so the zombies hurt their feet when the come - that will make them sad.
10-25-2011, 11:07 PM
I've been ready for years....Bring it on!!!
12-31-2011, 04:47 AM
I hav all types of stuff to fight off zombies when they com.
Watchmen02Insane20