Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
arkham asylum
08-25-2010, 05:11 PM
arkham asylum
Anyone playing this board game.. our gaming group just got a copy a month ago and have put some serious time into it. it's averaging about 8hrs per game for 4-6 players.

soundguy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-25-2010, 06:01 PM
RE: arkham asylum
Do you mean Arkham Horror?

If so, me and my partner Kath love the game and try to play as often as we can - though last few play sessions have been LNoE.
08-25-2010, 06:05 PM
You described exactly why I really never want to play AA -- look at that time.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-25-2010, 06:43 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2010 10:18 AM by Old Dwarf.)
I love the Mythos! AH is a great game....we however play it with House Rules keyed to A Touch 0f Evil.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
08-25-2010, 07:22 PM
Yeah.. arkham horror.. my bad.

yep.. long game.

we recently tried a house rule where there were no gate spawns for the first 2 rounds to give the hero's time to get a skill or item or two.. works out pretty good without letting you cake walk or anything.

soundguy
09-03-2010, 03:27 AM
That's actually a pretty good good rule. I swear between the doom track and the other track... chaos? It's not really meant to be won.
09-03-2010, 04:05 AM
(09-03-2010 03:27 AM)Orguss Wrote:  That's actually a pretty good good rule. I swear between the doom track and the other track... chaos? It's not really meant to be won.

we've played it twice like that now.. seems to be working good.

pretty much each hero gets a skill and an item.. or a couple skills..e tc, in those 2 turns where no gates spawn.

we got lucky last game and were having trouble keeping monsters out o fthe woods/overflow.. but got lucky when a card came up that prevented the terror level from rising any further than it was ( 6 at the time )..good game.. took about 7hrs

soundguy
11-28-2010, 07:10 PM
7-8 hours is quite a long game. i own the game myself, and the only time we broke 3 hours was our first game. why do your games take so long? I've honestly never heard of this game taking that long.
11-28-2010, 08:19 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2010 08:32 PM by sickboy.)
This is what actually pushed me into playing ATOE. I'd just got done reading my first Lovecraft, so I went in to my local games store and asked for AH. Fortunately for me it was out of stock and I was offered ATOE as a much easier to play (seeing as I mainly play with the Mrs who isn't as in to these games as I am) and surprisingly cheaper option.

I remember back in the day playing Diplomacy for 8-10 hour sessions and while those days were awesome, I've got a two year-old now that demands a little bit of my time Zombie17
11-28-2010, 10:21 PM
The Expansion Something Wicked This Way Comes has a very
Lovecraft type Villian The Unspeakable Horror.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again: