Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
frequent log ins?
02-16-2011, 01:38 AM
frequent log ins?
anyone else having to login multiple times per day? heck.. I was reading posts from emaillinks, walked away for 5 minutes.. read another and had been logged out during those 5 minutes?

it's not a cookie issue.. I vist a dozen or more cokkie'd sites that save my login info.. all them are acting normal.

any ideas?

soundguy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2011, 01:44 AM
RE: frequent log ins?
With all the boards I've run/mod'ed on... I have never heard of this before. Might be a browser issue, like a security setting... Try deleting TZG cookies and your cache files. The cookie might have gotten corrupted or some corrupt cache files... Otherwise I have no clue.
02-16-2011, 01:50 AM
(02-16-2011 01:38 AM)soundguy Wrote:  anyone else having to login multiple times per day?

Nope...
02-16-2011, 02:00 AM
only affectging this site.. and it's happening on all 3 of the pc's I use.. so i doubt it is a browser issue or bad cookie.. would be a stretch to think all 3 got a corrupt file... hmm....
02-16-2011, 06:19 AM
I had that problem for a day or 2 recently, but it has stopped now.
02-16-2011, 06:36 AM
I have only ever logged in once per computer I use for this site. I stay logged in forever after that.
02-16-2011, 03:42 PM
today it's not happening.. yesterday it did it twice.

weird..
02-16-2011, 11:18 PM
It's possible that is was an internet glitch. If you have it set to log in every visit, it might be logging you out due to a brief internet interruption. Never seen that before, but I do know that brief internet interruptions can cause a lot of issues in games and voice chat programs. A simple fraction of a second interruption causes me to get logged out of Ventrilo and a few MMOs I play from time to time, and they usually happen in sets over a few days. Like for 2 days I'll get booted out 4 or 5 times a night, then for weeks on end everything will be fine... then for a day or 2 it will happen again... Not saying that was the issue you had, but it's a theory.
02-17-2011, 12:44 AM
could be. been solid all day today.. no logouts.
02-17-2011, 11:40 PM
back to having to login repeatedly today.. ho hum......