Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
frequent log ins?
02-20-2011, 04:22 AM
RE: frequent log ins?
(02-20-2011 03:57 AM)soundguy Wrote:  so this must be a pretty special virus to only be blocking this website.. Watchmen02

You also said "old desktop has been locking up lately.. now locks up right after bootup every time." That is what sounds like a virus... and if there is a browser hijacker fouling up, yeah it might only affect certain websites or even just one (Likely the most visited site). Computer errors follow no easy line of logic... Makes you wonder if they are really alive and thinking just trying to piss us off. LOL

It is also possible that the effect with this site is just a small symptom of a virus... Or an early one. If the Desktop lockup is currently only on one of your PCs, it might start on the others too if this is so. I've seen viruses do all sorts of strange things that seem to be innocuous and unrelated things, that were really symptoms of something being really wrong.

I got the old Chernobyl Virus way back when. At the time I had no clue, but little things went wrong every now and then. By the time those things got to be rather often it was too late and the PC fried. It wasn't until I thought it over later that I realized that all the weird little things were signs of the virus. Things like programs just up and closing on their own, some websites not letting me connect right the first time, loss of internet connection for a minute or two, occasional lock ups or auto rebooting, just little things every so often that just looked like normal PC screw-ups... Then they started happening more often and that's when I found the virus... of course it was too late by then.

Now it takes a really good virus to get me. In fact have only been hit by 2 since then, one I got early the other got me good but I recovered. I have excellent virus protection now, as well as additional spyware/adware/malware scanners that I run at least once a week manually and let some run actively. Aside from that, I have Peer Blocker running all the time (A bit annoying sometimes, but it keeps out everything that is on several lists as being either intrusive or harmful. Have had even less problems since I got that in.

Aside from all this... I am just tossing out ideas... I am not there to look at it myself so I can't give you anything concrete. I am not a trained computer tech with a Database I can search through. LOL Might be right, might be wrong, but it's better than not trying to help at all.
Quote this message in a reply