Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
new cards.
08-01-2008, 06:11 PM
RE: new cards.
Making customcards isn't that difficult if you work in a printshop Zombie03

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2008, 07:07 PM
Emp Wrote:Making customcards isn't that difficult if you work in a printshop Zombie03

You're volunteering?
08-01-2008, 09:18 PM
Sound's like it! LOL.
08-02-2008, 08:49 AM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2008 08:50 AM by deadrabbit.)
Emp Wrote:Making customcards isn't that difficult if you work in a printshop Zombie03
wait just a tick, can you make them be, look, and feel like the same paper as the cards at your work?
Find all posts by this user
08-02-2008, 08:59 AM
Making them is not a problem but who is paying for it?
The process of creating them exactly like the ones in LNEO is expensive. Especialy if you plan on making them in small amounts.

08-02-2008, 08:07 PM
I'd say make a batch and sell some on ebay.

In all actuality you shouldn't have to make them exact as far as looks go just as long as the corners are cut the same so they aren't obvious once in the deck. Even if the back was just black you wouldn't know until that card was on the top of the deck.
08-03-2008, 05:31 AM
Legally, I don't think you could sell them. I'm sure you could give them away for free though. Maybe charge a bit extra for shipping.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
08-03-2008, 08:21 AM
Admin Wrote:Legally, I don't think you could sell them. I'm sure you could give them away for free though. Maybe charge a bit extra for shipping.

You are correct, there are probably copyrights attached to them.

I will not make them that is for sure. If I make a quick calculation I'd say it would cost me about 200 or 300€ just to get them printed. No way I will be giving that away Zombie03
I do however plan on looking into a cheaper alternative, but then the cards will not look (and espacialy feel) exactly the same but still would be cool.

08-04-2008, 01:20 AM
The trick is to sell them for the cost of the paper and ink and overcharge the heck out of shipping to recoup your costs. Thats how people sell bootlegged dvds on ebay. Charge for the dvd dick itself and the packaging then a bunch for shipping.
Make it clear that your not selling the cards your selling the paper and ink.
08-04-2008, 02:46 AM
Instead of selling them I don't know why someone who is good at photoshop couldn't just make blank Hero and Zombie cards for folks to create their own and leave it up to them on how to print them. I think just getting some fairly thick cardstock and gluing them to a deck of cheap playing cards and putting into black backs (or colour of choice) is the best way to go about it.

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
Find all posts by this user