Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
new cards.
08-04-2008, 08:27 AM
RE: new cards.
In my mind the way they sometimes sell things on ebay (dvd's & shit) is illegal and is something that "hurts" the business that the creators took their time to make.
I also know from a personal level that it would bother the shit out of me if the custom cards don't look exactly like the original cards Watchmen02
But once I get back in the shop I will have a look at the paper so I can tell you guys what to use if you want to make them yourselfs.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2008, 08:57 AM
Emp Wrote:In my mind the way they sometimes sell things on ebay (dvd's & shit) is illegal and is something that "hurts" the business that the creators took their time to make.
I also know from a personal level that it would bother the shit out of me if the custom cards don't look exactly like the original cards Watchmen02
But once I get back in the shop I will have a look at the paper so I can tell you guys what to use if you want to make them yourselfs.

i want to know tell meee..
Find all posts by this user
08-20-2008, 09:56 PM
I was thinking that one way around the card matching problem is to have a seperate deck or decks of cards that are only used in certain circumstances. For example, say you find a gun in the church or school. Since most churches and schools don't have guns (one should hope at least) you could draw from an alternate deck for these buildings and get something more appropriate for them. You would then shuffle the initial Hero card back into the deck.
04-18-2011, 04:56 PM
My friend printed the hero card off onto regular paper and glued it to a piece of card. Zombie17 Looked sweet.
04-24-2011, 01:27 AM
I chose 50 cards for zombie and 50 cards for heroes, trying to balance the game.

I think that zombie has many identical cards (6 shamble, 5 uuurghh, 5 undead hate the living), I left 3 cards of all kinds.

In the hero cards, I left 1 weapons and 1 event of all kind, and 2 and one pair for each object

I love personalizaton!!!
05-16-2011, 01:42 AM
Just a thought, no one has mentioned this yet! What if you just recreated the "current" set of cards and you just add your custom cards to those? Then you would not have to worry about the production value of your cards as they would all match no matter what cardstock/method you decided on for the cards? Zombie17
06-30-2011, 04:02 PM
I think the most cost-effective solution really would be to buy card protectors. The protectors are usually pretty darn cheap, and I haven't noticed any of my Magic decks slipping apart while I play, despite starting with a stack of 60. This would also allow printing on normal paper if card stock wasn't readily available, since the deck protector would keep the paper from taking too much wear and tear, although card stock would still be preferable when shuffling (a workaround would be to slide a playing card or other type of card in behind the printout to give the deck a little more sturdiness).

In fact, once I try one of these scenarios with custom cards, I think I'm going to do just that...I've got tons of deck protectors just laying around unused.