Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
newbie question: Pump shotgun
10-27-2010, 12:57 PM
RE: newbie question: Pump shotgun
(10-27-2010 11:37 AM)Emp Wrote:  oh realy?
Damn, I did not know that.
Thanks for clearing this one out ZombieJ, we have been playing it wrong for all this time then Zombie17

I wonder what kind of amo this thing uses because in real life the spread, sure...but the wider the spread, the less damage it does hehehe

So seperate dice roll for all zombies in that space and only one final roll after shooting. Watchmen02

Yep, that's right.

You have to remember that these are zombies and even though they are strong they are decomposing so are much weaker when it comes to damage they can take.

Actually know I think about it, imagine that there is a Zombie Hero in the square as well as other zombies. If you hit them all with the Shotgun, the Z's would die but the nice fresh newly undead Zombie Hero would only take a wound.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-27-2010, 09:19 PM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2010 09:21 PM by hajuko.)
And little more clearance wanted.
There is three zombies and I shoot them with shotgun. My first roll is 2 so it misses. second roll is 3 and third roll is 4. So second and thrird zombies were hitted. Then I roll if the shotgun is out of ammo. I roll 2. So there was no ammo and all three zombies are still in game.
OR are the second and third zombie killed and shotgun gard discarded?

The last one is how I have played.
10-27-2010, 09:28 PM
(10-27-2010 09:19 PM)hajuko Wrote:  And little more clearance wanted.
There is three zombies and I shoot them with shotgun. My first roll is 2 so it misses. second roll is 3 and third roll is 4. So second and thrird zombies were hitted. Then I roll if the shotgun is out of ammo. I roll 2. So there was no ammo and all three zombies are still in game.

In your suggestion zombies 2 & 3 would die and the Shotgun would be discarded.

Hope that sorts it out for you.
10-27-2010, 09:56 PM
(10-27-2010 09:28 PM)zombie67 Wrote:  
(10-27-2010 09:19 PM)hajuko Wrote:  And little more clearance wanted.

In your suggestion zombies 2 & 3 would die and the Shotgun would be discarded.

Hope that sorts it out for you.

Yep.
Thank you. It is all so clear now.
10-16-2012, 02:26 AM
Maaan! I've been playing it wrong all this time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-16-2012, 06:40 AM
Yep. I got this so wrong as well, thanks rat for bumping this up. I guess my Hero players will be slightly happier.
10-16-2012, 11:28 AM
The shotgun is amazingly powerful whereas the revolver is surprisingly useless. Watchmen02

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
10-17-2012, 08:16 PM
This is definitely good to know, as this is one of the more confusing ones. Every time this one comes up, nobody can remember the official correct answer. Good to have it clarified here. Also good to have a thematic explanation. So, thematically you think of it like this:

You shoot once, and all of the zombies in a crowd together (in the same space on the board) are either hit or missed. A shot gun is different from most other guns. It isn't like a single bullet that goes straight towards one target. It sort of explodes and goes all over the place, so it makes sense that several targets could be hit at once. After that, then the shotgun may or may not be out of ammo.

So you do NOT think of it like taking separate shots at each zombie.

It IS NOT like BOOM! I shot at zombie 1. BOOM! I shot at zombie 2. BOOM! I shot at zombie 3.

It is just BOOM! I shot my shotgun and it went all over the place, and, just as an example, it hit zombie 1 but missed zombie 2 and also hit zombie 3.
10-17-2012, 10:35 PM
(10-15-2012 08:37 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  It IS NOT like BOOM! I shot at zombie 1. BOOM! I shot at zombie 2. BOOM! I shot at zombie 3.

That's exactly how I interpreted the card because of the wording. But I'll take the 1 shot, multiple hits, 1 check for ammo roll ruling anytime.
10-18-2012, 08:20 PM
It also makes a little more sense based on the other guns in the game. The other guns all only allow you to shoot once per turn. So, technically, so does the shotgun. I think the only gun that lets you actually shoot more than once doesn't come in until Timber Peak.