Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Poll: Good idea?
Could be cool!!! Like Dawn of the Dead and shit!!!!
Dude, that's retarded...
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Indoor LNoE expansion?
04-27-2012, 10:24 PM
Indoor LNoE expansion?
Ok, so what do you guys think about a largely indoor based expansion? With new tiles, similar to the manor house, but more complex; like a (bigger) hospital, or jail? (or you know....a mall?) Though I guess it wouldn't really make sense that the hospital is now a quarter of the board. Or I guess the whole board could be an indoor area, thus avoiding scale problems.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2012, 12:46 AM
RE: Indoor LNoE expansion?
I've always wanted more complex buildings. It's tough though because how the boards are setup. A hallway has to beat least one square which takes up quite a bit of board space if you're making multiple rooms.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
04-28-2012, 12:53 AM
(04-27-2012 10:24 PM)pandacleric Wrote:  Ok, so what do you guys think about a largely indoor based expansion? With new tiles, similar to the manor house, but more complex; like a (bigger) hospital, or jail? (or you know....a mall?) Though I guess it wouldn't really make sense that the hospital is now a quarter of the board. Or I guess the whole board could be an indoor area, thus avoiding scale problems.

I think it would be awesome to have the whole board be one building, maybe with some of the edges being the immediate vicinity outside the building so zombies could bust in. It would have to be a really cool building though - my first thought is a deserted insane asylum. Hospital might work, too.

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
04-28-2012, 05:42 AM
I’m thinking some dark secret bunker complex like the Wolf's Lair Bunker or Wolfsschanze. You never know what’s hiding in the dark deep underneath the forests of Woodinvale...

Why not use the board from HeroQuest if your serious about dungeon crawling? See this thread for some inspiration:
http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...g-surfaces

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-28-2012, 02:44 PM
i vote up for this too, a more complex indoor or combination of indoor-outdoor (like a prison complex) will be cool, with more detail on doors and windows, where to get in or out, and maybe even special room actions, like getting power on an electric fence, or locking doors etc
08-29-2012, 09:50 AM
I've been playing a great game called Flash Point Fire Rescue and this gave me a idea to make a couple boards for it that that's also compatible with LNOE and Frag GE. They'll be dual sided, with one side being a office building/small lab and a bigger one which will be a mall/hospital
08-29-2012, 08:24 PM
I definitely think this would be an awesome idea. Variety is one of the things I LOVE about this game. It is so easy to play this game again and again and again because there are so many things that make it so different. Different scenarios, different board sections, different heroes, weapons, zombie types, etc.

So, I could see having an indoor based expansion, and a set of cool new scenarios specific to those sections, plus rules for including them with the regular board pieces if you want. I would definitely love to see this if they ever developed it.
08-29-2012, 09:06 PM
Oh man, how can you guys not think of having a mall board?! I would LOVE to see something like this become an expansion!
09-03-2012, 09:53 AM
some of you folks have seen this before but il mention it anyway there was a 1990 boardgame that could be used for LNOE mall scenario called mall madness the board is perfect for it maybe a bit of a paint job and a revamp but you wouldnt really have to do that heres a pic.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/97076...e=original

and also found a scenario for it on bgg heres the link.

http://files.boardgamegeek.com/file/down...E_MM1.pdf?

i may have to invest in this boardgame looks like could be fun or a great project to work on.