Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
zombie children in LNOE?
09-04-2012, 08:13 PM
RE: zombie children in LNOE?
(09-03-2012 06:15 PM)zombielover77 Wrote:  trying to think what sort of trait zombie children should have any ideas folks??
how about if a hero ends up in an adjacent square next to a zombie child then the hero has to move into the square with the zombie child on a roll of 1-3 the hero cant resist seeing if the lost looking child is ok move hero into the square and on a 4-6 the hero realizes its a bloodied zombie child and realizes before he moves in to help

could it work??

That sounds like a good idea.

I also was thinking something along the lines of the hero loses one fight die. In other words, unless they have a weapon or something, they only use one fight die. Thematically, the reason for this is because, zombie or not, it is still a child, and they are feeling reluctant to kill a child. Maybe even throw in that the zombie player has to roll a 4,5, or 6 for this power to take effect. Something like that.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2012, 08:27 PM
(09-04-2012 07:25 PM)PJON Wrote:  HI, LOL, I was looking in the download section, duh

Its in forums, LNOE Variant, LNOE Variant index.

TZG.com LNOE Variants Index

Then under Nitro 9090 variants.

Get her to the Hospital - Saviorse1f - http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...e-Hospital

hello pjon had a look at the scenario get her to the hospital i dont know if its my eyes showing their age or weather the pictures bad either way couldnt read it unfortunatly Insane19
09-05-2012, 02:06 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2012 02:07 PM by Phantaskippy.)
That is an awesome scenario idea.

As for making zombie children with their own powers:

Don't shoot, it's just a kid: Child zombies are immune to ranged attacks.

Small and quick: Child Zombies move 1D2 spaces each turn.

Little devils: Zombie children do not win on ties, but heroes roll 1 less fight dice.

Small dirty teeth: when a hero loses a fight witha zombie child, roll a D6: 1-2 Take wound, 3-4 no result, 5-6 character is infected, next wound they take turns them into a zombie.
09-05-2012, 02:14 PM
(09-05-2012 02:06 PM)Phantaskippy Wrote:  As for making zombie children with their own powers:

Small dirty teeth: when a hero loses a fight with a zombie child, roll a D6: 1-2 Take wound, 3-4 no result, 5-6 character is infected, next wound they take turns them into a zombie.

That is a Grave Weapon I would want. But to know me is to....... well, i want a class room full of them Watchmen02

To be able to Spawn 2 Zombie Small Dirty Teeth,
instead of 1 normal Grave Weapon,
or
Spawn 2 Zombie Dirty Teeth, instead of 3 normal Zombies

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
09-05-2012, 02:53 PM
(09-05-2012 02:14 PM)PJON Wrote:  That is a Grave Weapon I would want. But to know me is to....... well, i want a class room full of them Watchmen02

To be able to Spawn 2 Zombie Small Dirty Teeth,
instead of 1 normal Grave Weapon,
or
Spawn 2 Zombie Dirty Teeth, instead of 3 normal Zombies

I was trying to balance them vs. other grave dead, I think they could use all of the rules at once, the small dirty teeth ability is just a lesser version of Carrier grave dead, where the 5-6 instantly turns a hero into a Zombie. With no wound taken on a 3-6, the infected mark isn't so scary, but if you can't shoot them and they might be moving 2 spaces it makes them pretty nasty, in an appropriate fast scary little kid way.
09-05-2012, 08:26 PM
(09-05-2012 02:06 PM)Phantaskippy Wrote:  That is an awesome scenario idea.

Little devils: Zombie children do not win on ties, but heroes roll 1 less fight dice.

Small dirty teeth: when a hero loses a fight witha zombie child, roll a D6: 1-2 Take wound, 3-4 no result, 5-6 character is infected, next wound they take turns them into a zombie.

Phantaskippy, you are full of awesome ideas lately. ;-) I'm loving your thoughts on possible powers for children zombies.
09-05-2012, 08:36 PM
(09-05-2012 08:26 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  Phantaskippy, you are full of awesome ideas lately. ;-) I'm loving your thoughts on possible powers for children zombies.

I got Survival of the fittest on Monday, It really changed how I viewed modifying the game, and it gave me tons of Ideas.
09-05-2012, 08:43 PM
(09-05-2012 02:06 PM)Phantaskippy Wrote:  That is an awesome scenario idea.

luv these rules for the zombie children bud cant wait to buy some models paint them up and use them in a game now.

maybe the mansion could be used as an orphanage of some sort for the children to spawn from and the heros have to burn it down before sundown????
09-05-2012, 09:20 PM
(09-05-2012 08:36 PM)Phantaskippy Wrote:  I got Survival of the fittest on Monday, It really changed how I viewed modifying the game, and it gave me tons of Ideas.

Hi, i would agree to that. Rusty and Stinky are my favs, followed by exploder and spray

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
09-05-2012, 09:41 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2012 09:43 PM by Phantaskippy.)
(09-05-2012 09:20 PM)PJON Wrote:  Hi, i would agree to that. Rusty and Stinky are my favs, followed by exploder and spray

I do love Rusty, But Barb is my favorite. It very much balanced out my game getting those guys. I had Hero Pack and Growing Hunger, and it just seemed the Heroes could get powerful enough that you couldn't counter them at all.

Barbed Wire kills dice stackers like Victor or Jade, While Rusty really thwarts Johnny Garden Shears, or the absurdly powerful Jenny with the sledgefork.

First games I've ever felt Zombie Overlord powerful. It's going to be fun playing heroes now.