TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Cleaver question...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Cleaver

Says zombies are killed on a 6. What if the zombie player rolls a 6 (or through card play gets a 7, etc)?

Actually, you'll notice that the Cleaver says, ‘instantly’ killed. That means if the Hero rolls a 6 at all, the Zombie is instantly killed and the fight ends immediately. Because it is instant, Zombies do not even get the chance to play cards (may not force a re-roll etc). Cleaver of doom indeed. Just don't get overconfident, I have seen many Heroes charge into a pack of Zombies with a meat cleaver and get torn to pieces.

(Jason C. Hill. Flying Frog Productions - http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1699034)

We had this come up last night in a game where Billy made good use of a Pitchfork/Cleaver combo.

Cleaver says, ‘instantly’ killed. Does this mean the HERO employing a cleaver in a fight where the Zombie player also rolled a "Six" does not take a wound, when the Hero normally would have lost the fight and taken a wound?

We interpreted this to mean no wound as the Zombie "Instant" kill took effect first. And that's kinda how I read FAQ response above.

I totally ran at a lone Zombie and caught the Zombie player off guard with this, and made hole for another hero.

Thanks -
Instant is instant. No time to take a wound.
(01-15-2011 09:52 PM)D153453D Wrote: [ -> ]Instant is instant. No time to take a wound.

True that!
Reference URL's