TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: The New Dead: A Zombie Anthology
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed the forum has a section for books, so I thought i would post about one I am currently reading. It's called "The New Dead: a zombie anthology". It's a collection of short stories from various writers, including Max Brooks. (I haven't read his story yet, but the other I have read are fantastic).

Just thought I'd put it out there.
I also have this, but haven't taken the time to really dig into it. I did read the introduction though. Very interesting. It talks about how zombies are the only popular movie monster that has its roots tied to cinema, rather than literature. It also talks about Romero's impact on zombies, changing them from voodoo brainwashed people to the undead creatures we know and love today. Pretty neat read.

Though I haven't read it yet, I am guessing that the Max Brooks piece is an excerpt from World War Z.
So lets us knpw what you think after the read through.I'm not really into Zombie Lit. but I read WWZ & enjoyed it.

OD
Reference URL's