TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Wish/Interest Lists
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK-most of us here are Board Gamers & Zombifiers but I was
wondering what you had your eyes on as to future Games
your interested in buying/playing.Here's my current List

Historicals

-Pax Baltica (The Great Northern War as a Block Game)
-No Peace Without Spain (War of the Spanish Succession)
-Merchants & Marauders (Pirates-Preordered)

Horror

-Arkham Miskatonic Expansion (preordered)
-The Coast AToE Expansion (must buy)

Pulp

-Fortune & Glory(must buy)
-The Adventures-The Pyramid of Horus

SiFi-Gears of War

So what are the rest of you looking into?
I am really looking forward to that Gears of War game. I missed all of the Space Hulks when they were available, and I would really like a good space game.

Fortune and Glory is pretty high on my list too. Right now, all I have is fantasy and horror games. I would like to expand to some more genre's, and pulp and space are favs of mine in the movies.

I really want to get Mansions of Madness, too. I went to a demo day for that game, and it looked fantastic. Not a future game, but a pretty new one that I haven;t had a chance to get yet.
If I bought another game it would definitely be Lovecraft based...
(05-26-2011 05:48 PM)vikinglad Wrote: [ -> ]I am really looking forward to that Gears of War game. I missed all of the Space Hulks when they were available, and I would really like a good space game.

If I only knew, I sold my copy a couple of months ago.
I had the original game back in the days but gave it away because it was just collecting dust. The guy who I used to play this game with moved out of town so I did not see him anymore.

When the new one came out I bought it on the spot, trying to convince my friends now to play it...but after playing it twice I just could not get into the "awesomeness" of the game. It kinda lost it's "wow factor" that it had on me when I was younger.
So I sold it...

There is not really a boardgame that I'm looking forward to. I'm happy if I can get a LNEO of IFOS game going. And I just got a copy of COPE too, need to play that as well.
(05-26-2011 06:15 PM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]http://mqstout.com/wiki/Wishlist#Board_Games

And I thought I was excessiveWatchmen02

OD
I just got Ascension, and it's been really fun so far.

Amazon stalks my browsing history, and it told me about a Warhammer game that looks interesting.

I've also always wanted to try out Zombies!!! but have heard nothing but awful things about the game. (Makes you wonder why I want to try it.)
The Gears Board game has my attenuation as does The Walking Dead board game *comic version*
(05-26-2011 06:49 PM)Emp Wrote: [ -> ]If I only knew...

Dang. I really wanted to give Space Hulk a try after seeing SamuraiTrev's painted figs. The second edition looked really cool. It didn't seem have a very long print life. I had never heard of it till I saw his painting posts. It sounded pretty unique. I don't know how Gears will compare, I just wanna shoot big Aliens with big guns.
(05-31-2011 07:24 AM)colormage1 Wrote: [ -> ]I've also always wanted to try out Zombies!!! but have heard nothing but awful things about the game. (Makes you wonder why I want to try it.)

The zombies game was actually AWESOME with a little modification and a group of willing friends... WAS awesome... then we found LNOE and we haven't played it in like 2 years now.

But on topic, the Walking Dead game, Gears, FnG, and various Arkham Horror expansions are on my radar. I really want to play a full game of Civilization too but can't get a group of exactly 4 for some reason. We always end up with either 5 or only 2... Insane19

PLUS ... I've had Twilight Imperium for over a year now and NONE of my gamer friends will commit to learning. lol So I guess that's on my list too.

p.s. The Resident Evil game and it's follow up expansion are totally worth it. I bought with Dominion and they play with very similar mechanics but despite the hype for Dominion, I actually enjoy Resident Evil more. Good solid fun. Mercenary Mode with 2-4 people is a blast.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's